2019 Laramie Ambient Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UpstateRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been away from Ram for a while. I just got a new Laramie Quad cab. I love the styling and Ford was more cost with little improvements (my last two trucks have been F-150 Lariats). My question is it seems there should be ambient lighting but nothing works. There are two roller switches by the light switch. One roller dims the dash lights, the other does nothing. I can see from other photos/videos there are supposed to be accent lights by the starter switch, door handles, and glove box. Some of them come on when the doors are open but nothing when closed. Could you please confirm there should be ambient in my model as this may be a warranty fix. Or, if there are any suggestions for troubleshooting it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

tdwilli1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED 3.0
You need to turn the right knob down till it clicks and then the lights will come on at night.

OP
OP
U

UpstateRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some progress...I fiddled with the switches as you suggested, I believe the right switch was turned up too far. When I click it down, the accent lights seem to come on. All are on except for the one over the glove box, that is the one I heard some people say may have fallen back? Is there supposed to be a strip lit up over the “Laramie” badge?

Last edited:

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Some progress...I fiddled with the switches as you suggested, I believe the right switch was turned up too far. When I click it down, the accent lights seem to come on. All are on except for the one over the glove box, that is the one I heard some people say may have fallen back? Is there supposed to be a strip lit up over the “Laramie” badge?

Yes, should be a strip across the whole top of the upper glove box.

Mine has a light on the left side.

Mine is on the right side. I haven't been bothered to take it to the dealer yet to get fixed.

userjh160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any pics of these ambient lights on the Laramie? I must not have mine set right either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

userjh160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any pics of these ambient lights on the Laramie? I must not have mine set right either.

Never mind, I found it. Second time this week I've discovered something about a vehicle from a post on a forum.

OP
OP
U

UpstateRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it. It took me a while too. My strip above the glove box is still messed up so I will need to get that fixed? Anyone else have this happen and what usually goes wrong?

CJ Fio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hope this helps if not disregard.
If the dash lights are at the highest setting(locking phase) the ambient lights shut off.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So this is talking about the Laramie but I have the Limited and is there suppose to be lighting on the glovebox? Also seems the only lights that work are the map lights. Is the clear plastic in front of the map light suppose to be dome lights? Is it suppose to light up at all. I am used to have the option to turn on dome lights from the driver side and so far I do not see any way to turn them on. I tried both roller switches on the left of the dash. Click on and click off. Owners manual is of no use.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i do have lighting on the glove box and the light on the left side doesn't illuminate as much as the one on the right. still have no control of the dome lights on the dash. need to find out if i am suppose to be able to turn them on with the dash controls.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i do have lighting on the glove box and the light on the left side doesn't illuminate as much as the one on the right. still have no control of the dome lights on the dash. need to find out if i am suppose to be able to turn them on with the dash controls.
Ok so I sorted it all out myself, I being a past Chevrolet owner thought everyone OEM used dash controls for Dome lights but it is simply a push button on the roof control panel and no there is no extra bulbs behind the rectangular clear plastic pieces for brighter dome light. ambient lighting is actually very nice once I noticed it also light all the pockets in the doors.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine

I have the same issue with the glove box lighting. Also my upper glove box does not appear to shut all the way. Small gap on the lower left side which causes the glove light to turn on and show light through the gap.

OP
OP
U

UpstateRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have a diagram or part number for the light strip that is supposed to be over the upper glove box? Any diagram on how it’s installed?

jerrdan2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
Read and learn, I had mine turned all the way up (clicked) no lighting. Always wondered why there wasn't any. Looks great at night now. Thanks!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk