2019 laramie Longhorn TUNE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hfloyd31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,
Looking for the best tune for my 2019 laramie longhorn. I am installing a 3.5" suspension lift and 35" tires this weekend and going down from 22" wheels to 20" wheels. What things will I need to do to recalibrate the speedometer, or what tunes will help enhance the performance of the truck? Thank you for any feedback!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey guys,
Looking for the best tune for my 2019 laramie longhorn. I am installing a 3.5" suspension lift and 35" tires this weekend and going down from 22" wheels to 20" wheels. What things will I need to do to recalibrate the speedometer, or what tunes will help enhance the performance of the truck? Thank you for any feedback!
You'll either need to send your stock PCM out for unlocking or buy an unlocked PCM and you'll also need a bypass cable,before you can tune it.It's not cheap to tune the 2015+ trucks. You might want to check out some of the AlphaOBD threads as i think you can change tire sizes with it,but you can't tune with it

OP
OP
H

Hfloyd31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll either need to send your stock PCM out for unlocking or buy an unlocked PCM and you'll also need a bypass cable,before you can tune it.It's not cheap to tune the 2015+ trucks. You might want to check out some of the AlphaOBD threads as i think you can change tire sizes with it,but you can't tune with it
How expensive are you talking?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably around a grand easy for the parts listed. I am a couple hundred into my Mx+ & Alfa app.
Those cables run around $50.
Unlocking a PCM is $200-$900.
Then you’ll have to pay for a handheld tuner plus a tune. Those prices vary depending brand and tuner.

OP
OP
H

Hfloyd31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably around a grand easy for the parts listed. I am a couple hundred into my Mx+ & Alfa app.
Those cables run around $50.
Unlocking a PCM is $600-$900.
Then you’ll have to pay for a handheld tuner plus a tune. Those prices vary depending brand and tuner.
So if I am just going to add the tires and new wheels, there shouldn't be much for me to do other than get AlphaOBD and update the speedometer?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if I am just going to add the tires and new wheels, there shouldn't be much for me to do other than get AlphaOBD and update the speedometer?
As Rick said, I’d glance over the AlfaOBD post, but I think I remember seeing that option. There are tons of things you can do with that software. You may need the bypass cable to use the OBDLink MX+ with AlfaOBD app.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you go down to the 4th Gen section,you'll find lots of threads on AlphaOBD,and several guys who can help you out with it.