2019 leather trimmed seat cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Noticed today the power wagon stitching on the leather seats is getting rather dirty. Curious on what's the best way to clean it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

handcuffcharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Could try shoe cleaner made for leather. Would be cheap to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could try shoe cleaner made for leather. Would be cheap to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I'm looking at the power wagon stitching itself. Passenger seat looks brand new. Nice and bright. Drivers seat.. dirty as all hell allready. Just curious if anyone has experience cleaning the stitches logos on the seat.

HB hellcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any high quality leather cleaner should clean the stching as well. All the manufacturers have a cleaner so if you have a favorite brand, use theirs. If not Mother’s, magurires are good ones Ives used recently.

OP
OP
T

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any high quality leather cleaner should clean the stching as well. All the manufacturers have a cleaner so if you have a favorite brand, use theirs. If not Mother’s, magurires are good ones Ives used recently.
I'll give it a try. I am quite shocked how fast it has become dirty.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll give it a try. I am quite shocked how fast it has become dirty.

While you might be surprised, it is indeed just simple wear and tear... nothing faulty. Just user related. You apparently get in with dirty clothes and drive it...

OP
OP
T

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While you might be surprised, it is indeed just simple wear and tear... nothing faulty. Just user related. You apparently get in with dirty clothes and drive it...
Thatd why I am looking for a good cleaning solution. I get rather dirty from work(I try not to) but I'd like the logo to stay fairly clean. So I'm looking for a good solution to restore it to factory brilliance.

OP
OP
T

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have chemical guys leather cleaner. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Be careful because you can put more wear into the stitching and make them loose and then will get pulls in them. Go to maybe a detailing section on the web.

OP
OP
T

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be careful because you can put more wear into the stitching and make them loose and then will get pulls in them. Go to maybe a detailing section on the web.
I did a general search around this forum. No real mention. One of my concerns is just that. I'll try some cleaner with a soft rag and see how it comes out.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a general search around this forum. No real mention. One of my concerns is just that. I'll try some cleaner with a soft rag and see how it comes out.

yea, I would probably try something like soap and water with a soft rag, and just use it on the stitching.

Lickity Split

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a leather jacket that had white embroidery on it and it was getting dirty. I talked to a leather tailer who gave me some pointers that should work the same. He suggested wetting the stitching with soap and water. Lightly scrub with a toothbrush in the same direction as the stitch. He suggested using an compressor hose to blow the soapy water and dirt from the stitching. I did this on a vintage leather snowmobile jacket that saw many years of 2 stroke exhaust on white embroidery and it worked quite well but didn’t quite get everything out. I switched the soapy water with carpet cleaner and it worked very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk