2019 LED head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like my reflector LED's in MY 19. 100% better than the Quads that were on MY 15 ED. And the ole fog light/turn on as sidemarker when turning is a nice feature also. Since I am on a slightly rural road, gotta have good lights, or dem Baby Deers gonna get U,. Just a Saying....

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have a laramie with the led's and they are bright but dont seem to me to light up stuff very far in front of me. I recently drove 300 miles at night thru constant rain and I was not happy with the job the headlights did. they light up the signs and markers way off and I like the way they light up the side of the road but they dont light up the actual pavement very far in front of me..I am already looking for an up grade. I do like how they light up the area I am turning to while turning tho.

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 19 Laramie. I had a 13 I upgraded to led. The new truck led headlights are actually really good. I didn’t notice a negative difference but definitely a bright picture in front of me while driving.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have been using the projectors for the last 5 years, pro's and con's?

The 4G factory halogen projectors were horrible. I sure hope the 5G LEDs are significantly better! If not, I will be looking to upgrade, as I did my 4G. I had RetroShop put in 50W Morimotos - they are awesome. Best lights I ever had other than my '09 MB CLS 550.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Exactly, my aftermarket HID's were great in the '17 projector housings, but the '19 LED's are considerably different in my opinion. We have a protected nature area for about 2 miles along my route to work where there is always deer running across the road in this area, the new LED's light up all along the ditch area and makes visibility much better.

This is very good to hear. Good lighting has always been a priority for me, and if the factory can provide it, so much the better!

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just traded my 17 Ram Sport with projector HID 55Ws I installed, for a 2019 Big Horn with the LED reflectors. No comparison! The factory LEDs are awesome and actually put out a brighter light and beam pattern than the still very good HIDs. Along with the LED fog lights this new truck illuminates the road very nicely. I love them.

Do yourselves a favor, If you have a choice when purchasing a new RAM you need to find one with the LEDs, it’s called Premium Lighting Group.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rented a 2020 Laramie (with 45 miles on it, I was the first renter!) and I was very impressed with the LED lights. Drove from Phoenix to Tucson for an 8:00 PM UW vs AZ football game. Lights were awesome. Also on a late night drive back from Sedona my brother used the high beams to encourage a few left lane squatters to move right, it was like the sun was in their back seat, lol.

Anyway, the LEDs are way better than my stock projectors

CD1197B3-3D23-4FAD-B321-103CF9879DCB.jpeg

ADFCA742-1258-4E44-B0F7-1AA7DFB35E04.jpeg

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do yourselves a favor, If you have a choice when purchasing a new RAM you need to find one with the LEDs, it’s called Premium Lighting Group.

There was no such option on my 2020 Laramie. I assumed it came with LEDs of some sort. One thing I don't like about the newest website layout is that there is no "Complete List" of all standard features and selected options.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2019 1500 Laramie Led headlights are the best I've had in a long time especially the high beams mine are low I got to adjust them up.

WardG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Laramie, and those LED lights are very good - especially appreciated is the "ditch lighting" for finding assorted critters. We have deer, feral pigs, and armadillo in this area, as some of those pigs go 300+ pounds - NOT a good thing to see 1/10th of a second before impact! Also good is the perceived glare for folks coming toward you. My wife commented that low beams+fog lites did not glare nearly as much as a previous vehicle that had halogens.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There was no such option on my 2020 Laramie. I assumed it came with LEDs of some sort. One thing I don't like about the newest website layout is that there is no "Complete List" of all standard features and selected options.

Upon further review it appears that the reflector LEDs come standard on the Larmamie and you can't upgrade to the projectors. It appears the only way to get the projector LEDs is to get a Laramie Longhorn or a Limited, both of which are totally off the table for me - CC only, and E-Torque only.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I have LED reflectors in my Laramie and they are freaking awesome! Had them in rain and fog yesterday, no sweat or glare.