2019 Leveling Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the replies guys. Makes me feel much better. I got the 3.21 due to I’m always on the highway. No city at all. The smoothest vehicle I have owned.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Curious if the CFT performance or similar end link works in 2019 1500 with air ride to increase the front wheel height. Seems like it would work.

Well CFT does not work. 2019 has different ball socket studs. Revel Performance is checking since theirs uses factory studs.

Last edited:

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Referencing ReadyLift products Could someone with the technical knowledge explain why there is a choice of (2" Pre-Load Spacer Front Leveling Kit - 2019 Ram 1500 4WD) and (2" Front Leveling Kit With Tubular Control Arms - 2019 Ram 1500 4WD) other than approximately $300.00 dollar difference. I would like just the level option for my 2019. cannot figure why I would want to pay the extra for the same result.

The preload spacer stretches the strut out further and will sometimes feel like a bit rougher ride. The biggest thing though is the new control arms. The 4th gens were plagued with issues where the upper ball joint would get pulled out of the arm because it was at too bad of an angle. The new control arms have MUCH better angle to them at the ball joint. Even the 2" Mopar lift comes with new upper control arms. The way I looked at it is if Mopar thought new control arms were needed, then it would be wise to get them to prevent any issues down the line.

Many people will go the preload spacer route and never have an issue, but it will place a lot more strain on that ball joint and some will have trouble.

For what it is worth, I went with the strut spacer with upper control arms. The peace of mind was worth the extra money.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Preload spacer goes “inside” the coilover if you will, between the coil and the tophat mount. The spacer goes above the coilover on top of the tophat mount.

The preload spacer doesn’t require a new upper control arm because the length of the coilover remains the same.

The top spacer actually increases the overall length of the coilover therefore it requires a new upper control arm to correct the down travel capability and also corrects the BJ angle.

https://www.shocksurplus.com/pages/lifted-and-leveling-struts-vs-strut-spacers

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to this site (not new to Ram or Dodge or Mopar).

I just had the Rough Country leveling kit installed on my 2019. I will eventually go with a bigger lift, but couldn't wait to get some bigger tires installed. The 2" leveling kit allowed me to go with Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/60R20s (which are about 34" tall, 11.7" wide). The ride did not change at all with the leveling kit, and I drove it for about a week while waiting for my wheels to come in. Now with the new tires/wheels, the ride is slightly rougher (stiffer sidewall in the E rated tire).

View attachment 130503
Hey man great looking truck. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2019. My current ram has bil's and 35" ridge grapplers. I'd like to transfer the tires over since there only 6 months old.

Is this what you bought? Spacers only?
http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-front-leveling-lift-kit-35400.html

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey man great looking truck. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2019. My current ram has bil's and 35" ridge grapplers. I'd like to transfer the tires over since there only 6 months old.

Is this what you bought? Spacers only?
http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-front-leveling-lift-kit-35400.html
Thanks BigRed. Yes, that is what I have.

Eventually, when some more lift options become available, I will go with a 4 - 6" lift. But for now, I couldn't keep it stock. I had to get some bigger tires on there haha. 35's would be close. My tires measure out to about 34". Another 1/2" all around is probably ok. Good luck!!

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks BigRed. Yes, that is what I have.

Eventually, when some more lift options become available, I will go with a 4 - 6" lift. But for now, I couldn't keep it stock. I had to get some bigger tires on there haha. 35's would be close. My tires measure out to about 34". Another 1/2" all around is probably ok. Good luck!!

Do you have a side shot of your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 132521

Not my favorite angle for pics of trucks, but since you asked, here you go. I'm also adding a slightly different angle below.View attachment 132522

Good lookin truck. I'm like you, I couldn't keep it stock. I went with the Readylift kit with control arms and 34s. Once more options come out I'll probably end up going with a true 4" lift but that will be after I do everything else to it.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered Readylift
2" FRONT LEVELING KIT WITH TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS. Checked with Ram service department. installation alignment, computer edited to reflect changes $475.00

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered Readylift
2" FRONT LEVELING KIT WITH TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS. Checked with Ram service department. installation alignment, computer edited to reflect changes $475.00

What are they doing to the computer? Just correcting the alignment/steering angle? I was trying to see if they could correct the tire size since I went larger but they couldn't do anything.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is their instruction (Readylift)
have any and all electronic systems calibrated as indicated by the manufacturer for the features of your vehicle. This includes but not limited to the steering
wheel angle sensors, yaw sensors, cruise control, land departure, etc.

The recommended tire and wheel specs are based off proper alignment specs to make sure the tire clears the back fender well. Trimming of the plastic may be neces-sary to run other wheel and tire combinations.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Liftkits4less. Com will match any other company plus free shipping. I ordered from them Readylift 66-1921 level kit. On line chatted them told them readylift was on sale for 476.00 they refunded difference. Cool co.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone with air ride attempted a level, yet?