2019 Limited Tow mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for you guys. I mentioned this in previous post (along with other stuff) and I believe that people think that I am crazy. I just bought a 2019 Ram Limited and find the passenger side mirror (the standard mirror not the "fisheye" part) to be worthless. It's like the mirror is too zoomed in for lack of a better explanation. Something crossed my mind. That mirror doesn't have the "objects are closer than they appear" message stamped on it. That type of mirror basically shrinks the reflection and thus allows for a larger field of view (which I am lacking).

So, if you have the tow mirrors...Does your passenger side mirror have the "Objects are closer than they appear" message on it? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently took the tow mirrors off of my truck and swapped them out for power fold mirrors, so I have a set of tow mirrors on the shelf. I took both mirrors, place them at the front of the truck side by side, and focused them on the same spot in the back of the garage. The passenger side mirror does appear to have some magnification, and it is not labeled as you mentioned in your post.

With the standard mirrors, the warning message is printed on the passenger side mirror.

OP
OP
Todd C

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate you checking that out! Why would they want to magnify anything? That gives you less visibility (which is what I don't like). LOL....I feel like I am the only one that has an issue with this

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think everyone has just come to expect a magnified right hand mirror. Since they did put a warning on the power-fold mirror, maybe they should have done the same on the tow mirrors... there have been several "small" issues with this $60K truck.

OP
OP
Todd C

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would agree. A small issue. Love the truck!