Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MegaCabDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone know of any Nerf bars that fit a 2019 2500 Megacab Cummins? Not looking for the step tubes, I would like the drop step nerf bars. Westin said they do not make them for the Megacab.

nolafishr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Did you check with the dealer? You can try Ebay also. Check some of the after market websites they may have something.

OP
OP
M

MegaCabDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you check with the dealer? You can try Ebay also. Check some of the after market websites they may have something.

Yah i checked the dealer and they only have the tubes but not nerf bar style. I’ve been scouring aftermarket sites and most of them only offer the nerf bars for the regular crew cab style

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing in particular. I just prefer the look of the nerf bars

Well if thats the case then :favorites13:

Will sure save yourself some bucks not going AMP’s!

I would have to imagine any of the steps for the prior/4th gen’s will work. I mean its essentially the same cab.

OP
OP
M

MegaCabDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well if thats the case then :favorites13:

Will sure save yourself some bucks not going AMP’s!

I would have to imagine any of the steps for the prior/4th gen’s will work. I mean its essentially the same cab.
Yah thats what i thought too! But i called a few companies and they were saying it wont fit. Westin said nothing is in the plans for mega cabs and ICI said they are waiting for a dealer or manufacturer to lend a truc out so they can spec it out.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would be willing to bet that the cab has not changed at all, especially down under the rockers where it matters for steps.

MrR2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would be willing to bet that the cab has not changed at all, especially down under the rockers where it matters for steps.

I installed a set of running boards on my father's 2019 1500. The cab is different than 4th gen. We fought for a month to get the right brackets from Westin to work on the 2019's.

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I installed a set of running boards on my father's 2019 1500. The cab is different than 4th gen. We fought for a month to get the right brackets from Westin to work on the 2019's.

2019 ram 1500 is a new cab compared to the classic models. The HD still use the old cab but they upgraded the interior. I wouldn’t see why the nerf bars would not work from an 18 or older

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly. The ‘19 hd’s are using the same cab. I cant imagine any holes under the rocker panels have changed at all.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Exactly. The ‘19 hd’s are using the same cab. I cant imagine any holes under the rocker panels have changed at all.
I’ve never installed side steps on a ram... bought one with amps. But don’t the steps bolt to the frame? I believe the new HD’s got a new frame but same old cab. I didn’t bother to look at the frame today.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’ve never installed side steps on a ram... bought one with amps. But don’t the steps bolt to the frame? I believe the new HD’s got a new frame but same old cab. I didn’t bother to look at the frame today.

No, they bolt to the body. (amp steps included) 2019 is the same as the previous years as far as that goes.

And from what I read the "new" frame is just some reinforcement in places not a complete new design.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
No, they bolt to the body. (amp steps included) 2019 is the same as the previous years as far as that goes.

And from what I read the "new" frame is just some reinforcement in places not a complete new design.
What I thought was weird was they got rid of the under floor bins on each side. Not that the frame has anything to do with it....but makes ya wonder. Well hopefully they have what op is after soon. Ah the hard life of having the newest truck. No new goodies just yet lol

OP
OP
M

MegaCabDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What I thought was weird was they got rid of the under floor bins on each side. Not that the frame has anything to do with it....but makes ya wonder. Well hopefully they have what op is after soon. Ah the hard life of having the newest truck. No new goodies just yet lol
Exactly Lol! I spoke to N-Fab today and asked if 2018 steps would work and they said no. Said they are getting a new model in about a week or 2 to spec up. Steps should be out in about a month. Said the new frame is supposed to have bolts coming out from frame instead of holes like the 2018s. Guess all i can do is wait. Good thing the truck doesn't come in until late May or early June