2019 Official Price Thread??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was a helpful tool when I bought my f150 a few years back so I wanted to start something here that we could share with each other on what we should/hope to be paying for these new Rams.

Currently, I am looking for a 2019 Limited 4x4 with no options other than the (free?) painted bumper and ramboxes. A salesmen that I have bought with twice before told me today that he'd go invoice ($54,974) plus a rebate of a thousand, so $53,974 plus TTL. Looking around for limiteds in Kentucky, that doesn't seem so bad to me. But I could be thrown off by comparing that to the trucks on cars.com because most limiteds ive seen have the sunroof option. I virtually never use my pano so...is this a great deal? Or is $49,999 realistic this fall when chevy drops their new truck? I understand there will "always" be a better deal tomorrow.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
55k is a bit high imo. Limiteds with the pano roof, brake controller, and the other goodies that come with can be had for about 51-53k around these parts ( texas ). These are 60k stickered trucks that are going off the lots for 52k. I think 8k off msrp isn't to shabby for a new year.

Last edited:

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I negotiated $7k off invoice, and I'm in the Bay Area where ****'s expensive and they aren't desperate for business. For what it's worth.

OP
OP
A

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
7k off invoice!??! Mannn...Sounds like I need to cool my jets a little bit. It's always easier when I can search the dealerships and wait until a blue limited with ramboxes shows up on lots. Waiting 10 weeks or so for a build is agonizing. Thanks for the input guys

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Currently, I am looking for a 2019 Limited 4x4 with no options other than the (free?) painted bumper and ramboxes. A salesmen that I have bought with twice before told me today that he'd go invoice ($54,974) plus a rebate of a thousand, so $53,974 plus TTL. Looking around for limiteds in Kentucky, that doesn't seem so bad to me. But I could be thrown off by comparing that to the trucks on cars.com because most limiteds ive seen have the sunroof option. I virtually never use my pano so...is this a great deal? Or is $49,999 realistic this fall when chevy drops their new truck? I understand there will "always" be a better deal tomorrow.

I would continue to look maybe. I placed a factory order for my Limited. MSRP was 65k on the truck. My OUT THE DOOR price which includes tax, title, and fees was about 58k.

Basically the dealer took nearly 10k off sticker then add in about 3k for the other stuff.

You just gotta find the right dealer to work a good deal. The price you are giving us as an example is basically 4K off a 58k (limited base price) truck. Nothing to get excited about honestly and 1k of that is coming from FCA. The dealer can easily take more off that truck. I’d wait longer or look elsewhere.

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would continue to look maybe. I placed a factory order for my Limited. MSRP was 65k on the truck. My OUT THE DOOR price which includes tax, title, and fees was about 58k.

Basically the dealer took nearly 10k off sticker then add in about 3k for the other stuff.

You just gotta find the right dealer to work a good deal. The price you are giving us as an example is basically 4K off a 58k (limited base price) truck. Nothing to get excited about honestly and 1k of that is coming from FCA. The dealer can easily take more off that truck. I’d wait longer or look elsewhere.

Math doesn’t seem to add up here. 65k minus 10k leaves you at 55k + tax and fees. 55 K plus tax is 58,300 plus 3k = 61,300 OTD price. Doesn’t make sense here.

If there is gonna be a thread about pricing, people should just post up their purchase order agreement.

I’ll post mine tomorrow. Mine is on a thumb drive and I don’t have a computer at home.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Math doesn’t seem to add up here. 65k minus 10k leaves you at 55k + tax and fees. 55 K plus tax is 58,300 plus 3k = 61,300 OTD price. Doesn’t make sense here.

If there is gonna be a thread about pricing, people should just post up their purchase order agreement.

I’ll post mine tomorrow. Mine is on a thumb drive and I don’t have a computer at home.

It all adds up. The dealer took a 65k truck down to about 56k on their end. Then they took another 1k for the current rebate which got me down to 55k. Then you add on tax, title, and dealer fees which in my case totaled around 3k in all. Which made my price due at delivery on the truck around 58k.

I’m just saying the OP could and should do a lot better. Just needs to shop around more in my opinion. Much better deals to be had.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
7k off invoice!??! Mannn...Sounds like I need to cool my jets a little bit. It's always easier when I can search the dealerships and wait until a blue limited with ramboxes shows up on lots. Waiting 10 weeks or so for a build is agonizing. Thanks for the input guys

How does at dealer even make money at 7K under invoice ?!? Was it 7K under MSRP?

I don't know the margins exactly but they were stupid enough to send me this, which had their employee price on it. I got them to $53,376 with an MSRP of 59,995.

(I got that price by subtracting their kickback from RAM from their FWP price. I think that means they'll break about even, but they f'ed me on communication so I told them to cancel the order. They said they wanted to make it right, so that was how I worked it.)

MRAMDZJ.jpg

chrisb198

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
I don't know the margins exactly but they were stupid enough to send me this, which had their employee price on it. I got them to $53,376 with an MSRP of 59,995.

(I got that price by subtracting their kickback from RAM from their FWP price. I think that means they'll break about even, but they f'ed me on communication so I told them to cancel the order. They said they wanted to make it right, so that was how I worked it.)

MRAMDZJ.jpg

Gotcha. That's actually 7K under MSRP, not invoice (the 55,125 number ). Still a good deal. I ordered my limited at 1% invoice (the FFP number using the Tread Lightly supplier discount) minus whatever incentives are active for Chrysler when the truck arrives.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You all are crazy to spend what you’re spending on a truck. Should wait a few years and pay considerably less then what you’re paying now. You’re not getting a deal, your discounts are depreciation when you drive off the lot.

chrisb198

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
You all are crazy to spend what you’re spending on a truck. Should wait a few years and pay considerably less then what you’re paying now. You’re not getting a deal, your discounts are depreciation when you drive off the lot.

Certainly entailed to your opinion, but we could have bought 2018s and done the same thing.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I paid $48K and some change for my 2019 Laramie, which was about 6 under sticker. I am in South Florida, another market where prices are inflated and demand is high so the prices rarely sink. I almost never buy cars in this state (I’ve actually gone out of state for my last three cars) but I didn’t want to drive. So I got a feel for other dealerships around the country by calling and seeing where they stood, and then figured in what my time and driving would be worth to me. I then bought the truck at that price.

Those saying we should have waited, why? I was in a car, I needed a truck with a new home and growing family, and this is a home run to me. Had I waited a year, I then would be waiting for the 2020s to drop... then the 2021... etc. there is always a better deal and a better option. Technology and money moves so fast in 2018. I get why you’re saying it, I just don’t think it applies anymore. You’d always be waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Gotcha. That's actually 7K under MSRP, not invoice (the 55,125 number ). Still a good deal. I ordered my limited at 1% invoice (the FFP number using the Tread Lightly supplier discount) minus whatever incentives are active for Chrysler when the truck arrives.
The ffp is friends and family pricing so if you know anyone that works for dodge they can give out like 6 of those a year I believe which will get you to that price right off the bat, then you can haggle about dealer discounts and free add-ons after that. My dad is retired from there so I luckily get his employee price and so far every dealer will tell you you can't go any lower than that but I have bought a challenger and a ram for both under ep pricing cause once you have that control number I basically say I can get this price at any dealer I go to, what are you willing to throw in to gain my business over the guy down the street

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait a few years? Nah, life's too short. In a few years I'll want whatever new model they have haha

I'd never spend this much money on a CAR. a truck? Hell yeah. And I'm going to put a good 30k of accessories into it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait a few years? Nah, life's too short. In a few years I'll want whatever new model they have haha

I'd never spend this much money on a CAR. a truck? Hell yeah. And I'm going to put a good 30k of accessories into it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I’m not telling you what to do, it’s just that the 2019 models are still going to be 2019 models in a few years only way cheaper.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not telling you what to do, it’s just that the 2019 models are still going to be 2019 models in a few years only way cheaper.

I know, I was just having a little fun. We all have to do what's right for us. I'm building an overlanding platform that I plan to use off the grid for the next 10 years and I drive 700 miles a week. If you just need to commute 5 miles a day, I get it. But I spend about as much time in my truck as my house, and I sleep in it about 30 days out of the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956