2019 Problem & Fix Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Blackout edition,Hemi 5.7 etorque
I get a random chime - if I look down the cluster tells me to put my hands on the wheel....even though at least one is. It is part of the lane departure.
I found out my charm noise was the XM radio Artist Favorite I added! I am sure glad I did not add the Beatles, it would have gone off every mile I drove! :)

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Just wanted to post some info on my last dealer visit.

Issues I had and how they were addressed.

Brakes Squealing - Replaced Front Calipers and Pads per Star Case S1805000008

Hood Flexing at Highway Speeds - Installed Urethane to hood gaps and reinstalled liner per RRT 23029191

Rough Idle at Startup - Flashed PCM per TSB 18-076-18

No Software Update Received - Manually flashed software update to July release 20.16

Other things they took care of while there.

Removed faulty GPS Kahu unit installed by the dealer but I did not activate. Was causing battery draw.

Flashed ABS module per open recall 18U92182

Hope this info helps some people. They did all this with 2 1/2 days at the shop. Just picked it up tonight so we’ll see if it did fix the hood and brakes but fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck has failed to start several times due to low battery. If the vehicle is left in tire jack mode this will not occur. Dealer sees the low battery messages but no other fault codes. Air suspension was evacuated and refilled. I plan on leaving it not in tire jack mode and taking it back to the dealer immediately after the fault. I've been told that after 3 cycles of the ignition codes clear. Fca told the mechanic that all modules cut off with ignition off. I've walked in my driveway hours after shudown and hear the air suspension pump running.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I figured I'd drop in my experience here. I've read about the leaky 3rd brake light on these & older Rams. Considering the older Rams had that problem, you'd like to think the engineers would be a little more thorough in designing the 3rd brake light for the DT models. Last Saturday afternoon (Dec. 1), after we had been receiving rain all day, I had to travel to town & on 2 different instances, the ignition wouldn't turn off. I looked at the ring surrounding the push button start & didn't see the switch location light on (lights up OFF, ACC, & RUN designations). I thought it was weird, but it was the 1st & 2nd times it happened & was random. I also got my first malfunction message for the TPMS. The next day, less rain, but more problems. After a 20 minute drive into town, TPMS went off again & was followed by Service Stability Control, Service Shifter (yeah, that last one worried me). Sure enough, the next time I parked, ignition position indicator was off again & once I finally got it to turn off, it didn't turn back on. Got FCA to send a tow truck & explained the situation to a service writer Monday morning. Cutting to the chase, they diagnosed the Radio Frequency Hub Module as damaged by water (said it was "full of water"). Got the new module by the next day & said they needed one specific tech to water test the truck to check for leaks. They found no leaks or obvious signs of water. This morning, I looked the back of the cab over & found signs of water logging in the rear of the headliner. And it goes from left to right side. It is visible around the rear microphone trim parts & both rear airbag trim parts. So, it looks like I'll be returning to the dealership to show the service writer what I found & hope I can talk them into replacing the CHMSL gasket & possibly the roof antenna gasket. Plus, I want them to get the headliner warrantied.

32375977658_c480d92353_b.jpg

jglass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
80D2AAE3-717F-42AE-B78A-8FD5E5E9AABC.jpeg 856A8143-46FA-4B6E-8035-18C5DB396B47.jpeg
I noticed some cracks in my taillights, and got to inspecting them. Where the clear lens meets the red, they are cracking horizontally. It’s on both sides. I spoke to the dealership, and they looked at a couple others on the lot. They called me back and said they were having the same problems. Check your lenses carefully. They are replacing both sides next week.

darynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted to pass on a service issue I'm dealing with currently. I made a list of minor issues I was having with my Ram 1500 Limited. 1 of those items was a more of an annoyance than anything else. Or, so I thought. I would step on the brake pedal and hear what sounded like a soft relay or soft click coming from the dash or that region by the brake pedal. Again, just annoying and only heard it when it was completely silent in the truck, which does get very quiet and I love that. I had to have this issue checked out twice. I pushed to have this checked out. The service tech went to other trucks like mine after finally confirming the noise and heard nothing. Turns out there was a loose retaining bolt on the brake assembly that was bad. It was a very serious issue and they told me that I couldn't take the vehicle. Absolutely, not to be driven! Had to order a completely new brake pedal assembly and components that work with this pedal. I was warned that if I would have continued driving this truck in this condition there would have been no doubt an accident of some type from brake loss. This is very, very scary thing to be told. This would have been on the dealer if I didn't persist on having this sound checked as it was all ready noted and nothing done about it. They gave me a loaner and have had my truck for a week waiting for parts to arrive. So, please to all owners of this truck or the like, if you hear something when you tap the brake pedal that makes a sound that's different in the cabin to have this checked out! It could literally save lives...

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To follow up with my issue, it is raining today, so I checked out the rear headliner. Sure enough, it's damp on the driver's side. I won't be waiting to go to the dealer, this is a mild OCD issue for me. And if I can figure out how to get signs of water damage out of the headliner material, I'll clean it myself & skip the dealer trip.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess I lied. I scheduled an appointment a couple of days after the RFHM was replaced to take the truck back in. It had rained twice since the module was replaced & the headliner was soggy both times. The dealer called me today & said the tech dropped the headliner & saw water coming around the 3rd brake light. So, same problem, different body style. For those who are interested in checking theirs, here are a couple of pics of where mine was leaking.

46492268951_a1378600dd_b.jpg

46492268901_31743a5477_b.jpg

jk101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@NoStopN wow man, this is frigging horrible. I feel for you bud. No new car owner should have to go through this.

Stevesfirstram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 1500 5th gen Limited. Loads of issues. My AC puts out 55 degrees on the driver side and 43 degrees on the passenger side. Two dealers checked it and said it was normal. One mechanic told me to point the passenger vents toward me as a remedy. Called Ram today and filed a complaint. I told her fat people don't like to be hot. This is a deal breaker for me. I am seriously thinking about taking a trip to Carmax. It's a shame because there some really nice things about this truck. I just wish they would get serious about quality control.

Brianlejeune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have not had this problem with mine. However, my buddy has the clunking noise coming from the front passenger side and could feel it when it made the noise. On third visit to the dealership they determined his body body mounts were bad. They replaced both front mounts as well as the other four Nits which seems to have solved the problem. It was in the shop for over a week waiting on parts.

Brianlejeune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Other than the clinching noise from the front suspension, has anyone noticed a change in ride and handling? Mine (2019 Limited) just feels a lot bouncier and bumpier than when I first got it. I’ve put just under 10K on it and it doesn’t feel like the same truck

Shockedimpy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck gave me an Electronic Throttle Control engine light while going 70mph on the highway. I noticed the truck riding rough on the way to ME a few days ago and the same returning home. But it crapped out on me after pulling out of a toll booth. Very scary to loose throttle power while cruising at highway speeds.

It went into limp mode at several points but made it home. Oddly, the check engine light cleared later that night. So I'm hoping the dealer still finds an issue....Anyone else experience something like that? And was it fixed?

Firegurl172

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017/2019
Engine
3.6/5.7
I recently purchased my Laramie less than two months ago... last night I noticed an almost chirping sound coming from the front driver side when i hit a bump or uneven surface and its not all the time... Anyone else have this issue or had it fixed to know what I am in for with my dealer? It still has less than 1500 miles on it.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Other than the clinching noise from the front suspension, has anyone noticed a change in ride and handling? Mine (2019 Limited) just feels a lot bouncier and bumpier than when I first got it. I’ve put just under 10K on it and it doesn’t feel like the same truck
I have 5200 miles on my truck and it rides the same as the day I drove it off the lot.

WyoRooster74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I currently have three of those issues however the CarPlay issue is intermittent. Dropping her off at the dealer in an hour so I’ll update with whatever they tell me. I also just ordered an Apple branded USB-C to Lightning cable to see if that makes any difference with the CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an anker brand usb-c to lightning from Amazon and it completely solved my carplay problems. Just FYI

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
I recently purchased my Laramie less than two months ago... last night I noticed an almost chirping sound coming from the front driver side when i hit a bump or uneven surface and its not all the time... Anyone else have this issue or had it fixed to know what I am in for with my dealer? It still has less than 1500 miles on it.
Does it sound like this?