2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn Key Fob problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junekm01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I recently ran into issues with my new truck, only have had it 3 weeks, 1000miles. The truck does not detect the key fob(s) and will not unlock unless I am right next to the truck. Once inside I am forced to start the truck by pressing the fob to the ignition button.

Also, the "service tire pressure sensor" message is displayed and it does not read any of my tire pressures. This is so annoying with a brand new truck. Any ideas?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently ran into issues with my new truck, only have had it 3 weeks, 1000miles. The truck does not detect the key fob(s) and will not unlock unless I am right next to the truck. Once inside I am forced to start the truck by pressing the fob to the ignition button.

Also, the "service tire pressure sensor" message is displayed and it does not read any of my tire pressures. This is so annoying with a brand new truck. Any ideas?
Sounds like an issue with the rf hub. Dealer should be able to handle it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It could be a possibly bad RF hub. The RF hub relays the TPMS and the key fob signals to the bcm. I would say take it to the dealer and have them run a test on the RF hub and they can replace it if needed. Never know. The antenna for the RF hub might be loose or bad and that’s why you have to be so close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Junekm01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Was informed today by an electrical engineer at Chrysler that it’s a key fob issues. The supplier messed up the programming they have the fix completed it’s just a matter of getting the new fobs and re programming the truck for them..

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was informed today by an electrical engineer at Chrysler that it’s a key fob issues. The supplier messed up the programming they have the fix completed it’s just a matter of getting the new fobs and re programming the truck for them..

Sounds like some free new key fobs for the trucks then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirttracker30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the new Fob correct you’re problem? My 2019 with 13000 is doing the same thing off and on. Thanks

Paul Massey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Similar issue here. My key fob will lock the car while in my pocket but will not unlock the driver’s side door (no issue on passenger side).

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Similar issue here. My key fob will lock the car while in my pocket but will not unlock the driver’s side door (no issue on passenger side).

Hi Paul,

We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you have not done so already, we kindly recommend following up with your servicing dealer on this concern as they are in the best position to provide assistance. Our team is just a PM away if you are in need of any additional support with that process.

Mark
RamCares

Robert67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have a 4-5 month old 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn with little over 5,000 miles on it, it's been in the shop now 6 times, as a matter of fact it's in the shop right now for the Truck not detecting the Key FOB and I have to push the start button with the key fob otherwise it does not start and complains key fob not found. The Deal is at a lost how to fix this problem, they been in touch with Chrysler many times and still no fix.

Please let me know if new key fob fixed your problem, they gave me a new key fob like my 2nd or 3rd visit but this did the same thing.