2019 Ram 1500 Classic White Warlock "Whitney"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is! every time we go I always end up looking up homes to buy... But I need to find a new career to afford that :oops:
It's always been the problem there. Local wages don't meet up with cost of living. Been that way since I remember it in the 80's.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's always been the problem there. Local wages don't meet up with cost of living. Been that way since I remember it in the 80's.
I can believe that. Me and my wife were constantly asking "what do you think these people do that live out here" lol.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can believe that. Me and my wife were constantly asking "what do you think these people do that live out here" lol.
Retail and tourism. Construction, until they over build like they always do and the place goes on a fire sale. In 2008 we were the only house not for sale on our entire block. Until I got laid off mid December that year. In 2009 the entire block was for sale.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CO trip update:

We spent 5 days out in the front range of Colorado for what is now turning into an annual trip. We camped 3 of the 5 days out there. It was a wonderful time! The truck really impressed me while we were out there. She tackled everything out there with ease. The first few days we were there it was dry and honestly had no worry doing the trails we did. However day 5 while we went looking for some abandoned mines in the area and the bottom fell out. We had anticipated this and tried to plan accordingly. However due to some either outdated or wrong trail reports we ended up on a fairly gnarly trail. It was made much worse with the rain. Nothing but slick rock going up the mountain with 0 space to abandon the trail and turn around. With some speed and the Icons keeping everything on the ground we were able to make it up and get back down a safer route. In that moment I was thankful for every modification I had done. It also helped reinforce the idea that I don't need 37's... Knowing I could give it hell was a much better feeling than worrying about a CV shaft breaking. After that experience adding a winch moved even higher on the priority list.

I am in need of a new Air Compressor. The auto store special completely crapped the bed on this trip airing up the 35's. Any recommendations would be awesome!
I don't do a ton of full tire inflates but I love my Viair knockoff I picked up at Costco. I think it was this guy:
https://www.costco.com/bon-aire-12v-inflator.product.100567254.html

Either that or you drop the coin for the ARB and use it forever (rebuildable)
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B007KEV...olid=23V1T5PJWR8GV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't do a ton of full tire inflates but I love my Viair knockoff I picked up at Costco. I think it was this guy:
https://www.costco.com/bon-aire-12v-inflator.product.100567254.html

Either that or you drop the coin for the ARB and use it forever (rebuildable)
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B007KEV...olid=23V1T5PJWR8GV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Yeah no way is that ARB one in budget. I love it, but :oops:

What size tires are you running? 44 bucks is not a bad deal if itll do from 15 - 30 psi on 35's

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I added the factory backup cam to the tiregate. Here is a video of it.

I am thinking about selling it however. I keep thinking that dust won't be an issue however it always is. The best solution to me right now is a softtopper with an exocage type rack for the tent.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should have kept the hard shell and built around it. I still want a topper but now that I have the rambar, kind of limits what can be done. every pickup I've ever owned has had one. Until now. I think hard topper, with the Safari rack on the cab, and an exo would be the cats ass.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Should have kept the hard shell and built around it. I still want a topper but now that I have the rambar, kind of limits what can be done. every pickup I've ever owned has had one. Until now. I think hard topper, with the Safari rack on the cab, and an exo would be the cats ass.

That was my original plan However once I got up there to drill for the rack system. I found that the fiberglass was actually pretty shot. One good bump on the trail and it would have been toast. Shell's really are the best.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Time for a Major Update:

As we're planning for a family, the limitations of the quad cab just kept appearing. No way could dogs and a baby fit in there. So after much debate between my wife and I (she wanted to keep way more than me...surprisingly) We Sold the Ram today. I can't really complain about it. I ended up making more than I bought the truck new and the mods that stayed.

There will be a few things listed for sell here soon, as I don't plan on another 1500 within the year.

I will definitely be staying on these forums as I plan to be in another RAM soon.

Here is the last picture of the ol girl with us.

IMG_2189 Copy.JPG

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What'd you replace with?

I went back quite a few years with this one, but I picked up a really clean 96 5.2 ZJ with a np242 already in it. A little old lady owned it for it's first 120k and then a Jeep Dealer tech owned it for the next 60k. It's in great shape and best of all we have no more car payments as a family :cheers: My hope for later down the road will be a Ram 2500 with a bed camper in the back, or trailer. We'll see how our needs change by then...

I've already got a list of mods planned for it as this will be the new "overland" vehicle for us.

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I went back quite a few years with this one, but I picked up a really clean 96 5.2 ZJ with a np242 already in it. A little old lady owned it for it's first 120k and then a Jeep Dealer tech owned it for the next 60k. It's in great shape and best of all we have no more car payments as a family :cheers: My hope for later down the road will be a Ram 2500 with a bed camper in the back, or trailer. We'll see how our needs change by then...

I've already got a list of mods planned for it as this will be the new "overland" vehicle for us.

View attachment 501225

View attachment 501226
Man that's a clean 96! If you couldn't tell by my name a jeep nerd deep down. I have a 2000 xj I've completely redone save for full axle rebuilds. Aside from being smaller than the full-size this will for sure serve you well. I love mine. The Grands are just nicer overall than the XJs.

What mods you have planned

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man that's a clean 96! If you couldn't tell by my name a jeep nerd deep down. I have a 2000 xj I've completely redone save for full axle rebuilds. Aside from being smaller than the full-size this will for sure serve you well. I love mine. The Grands are just nicer overall than the XJs.

What mods you have planned

Thanks!

I was looking for something sub $5000 that was; clean, mechanically sound, and stock. Toyotas are stupidly overpriced, and finding a unmolested clean XJ under 7000 is near impossible. I was between this ZJ and a 1st gen Durango. With the abondance of parts, and knowledge the ZJ was the most logical route.

As far as mods go I'm still at the drawing board. The rack I made for the Camper shell will bolt up on the Grand. So the tent will be first as it takes up too much garage space. Next will be lift. I'm still playing with my plan. Right now I'm leaning a F-R swap at 3.5" with all 8 adjustable arms + track bar, fender trim and 33's. My idea is that keeps the driveline and my wallet happy, while still being capable on the trails.

Last edited:

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Thanks!

I was looking for something sub $5000 that was; clean, mechanically sound, and stock. Toyotas are stupidly overpriced, and finding a unmolested clean XJ under 7000 is near impossible. I was between this ZJ and a 1st gen Durango. With the abondance of parts, and knowledge the ZJ was the most logical route.

As far as mods go I'm still at the drawing board. The rack I made for the Camper shell will bolt up on the Grand. So the tent will be first as it takes up too much garage space. Next will be lift. I'm still playing with my plan. Right now I'm leaning a F-R swap at 3.5" with all 8 adjustable arms + track bar, fender trim and 33's. My idea is that keeps the driveline and my wallet happy, while still being capable on the trails.
ZJs are the red headed step child of that generation. Unfortunately complete lifts are slimmer pickings and a bit pricey but none the less its still an awesome choice. I've always wanted a 4runner but refuse to pay Toyota prices.

Mods sound nice and simple yet effective. Maybe I'm biased but literally what you described is how mine sits. I've run all the combos, for a DD/adventure rig less is more. Heck, ill even suggest running a skinnier mid size tire, forego trimming and not hate the stock gearing and big tires as much at the gas pump.

Us the front end a d30 HP?

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ZJs are the red headed step child of that generation. Unfortunately complete lifts are slimmer pickings and a bit pricey but none the less its still an awesome choice. I've always wanted a 4runner but refuse to pay Toyota prices.

Mods sound nice and simple yet effective. Maybe I'm biased but literally what you described is how mine sits. I've run all the combos, for a DD/adventure rig less is more. Heck, ill even suggest running a skinnier mid size tire, forego trimming and not hate the stock gearing and big tires as much at the gas pump.

Us the front end a d30 HP?

Sadly I do have the LP 30.

The more I research the more I come to that conclusion. some 265/75's and a mild 3" lift and I think she'll take us about anywhere we'd want to go, and not break along the way....