2019 Ram 1500 - instrument cluster screen went dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kinetix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I have a 1500 Ram Rebel with 21k miles and two days ago, I did an over the air update and after the update, the driver cluster screen went blank and will not turn on. Tried resetting system and also disconnecting battery, but no dice. I took it to the dealer today and they said the limited warranty expired 7 days ago in the truck. They quoted me $1300 to fix screen that broke due to FCA software update… anyone else have this failure? Seems extremely suspect that right after the 3 year mark on the vehicle, the screen goes dead. I’ve had it with FCA, had nothing but problems with my last Grand Cherokee and FCA customer care has been a nightmare to deal with.

Honestly for a 65k truck, the fact that the quality on the tech is this bad is extremely concerning. It is mind blowing that they will not cover the cost of this, there has to be some sort of recall for this. Would love to know if anyone else had this problem.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Don't see how a uconnect update has anything to do with your instrument cluster. I'm on my 2nd Rebel now and no problems worthy of noting.