2019 RAM 1500 LARAMIE SPORT SEAT BELT CHIME DISABLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevRonnie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt chime on a 2019 Ram yet? I tried the buckle unbuckle 3Xs and it isnt working. I know I'm sure to get the obligatory " Just buckle it" posts. I do wear my seat belt on the street however I also do a lot of driving at my camp very slow speeds on dirt roads and frequently getting in and out of the truck. The seat belt chime is driving me nuts!!! Help is appreciated

Dominacb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt chime on a 2019 Ram yet? I tried the buckle unbuckle 3Xs and it isnt working. I know I'm sure to get the obligatory " Just buckle it" posts. I do wear my seat belt on the street however I also do a lot of driving at my camp very slow speeds on dirt roads and frequently getting in and out of the truck. The seat belt chime is driving me nuts!!! Help is appreciated
Owners manual have it? My 16' let me go the seat belt trick

Bret

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Everyone,

Did you figure it out? I googled and couldn’t find anything.

OP
OP
RevRonnie

RevRonnie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I haven't found anything either

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
On my 2001, the switch was messed up so, even if I had my belt on it would think that I didn’t and alert me. I unplugged the harness under the seat and made a jumper with spade connectors and plug that in and it did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spent two hours reading the entire manual.... didn't see it. Of course I might have missed but I don't think so.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have turned mine off following the procedure of the 3 buckle and in buckle method

Just like my 17 at low speed, under 5mph I believe, you still get the message in the cluster but no chime.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
The 3X works. There are a few YouTube videos out. You must engage the seat belt before you put the truck into the run position then do the 3 and shut it off. You'll get the ding when you do if you did correctly.

Rayzram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep the 3 buckle method worked perfect for me

19Streak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fellas. I've tried the 3x method and I get the usual "ding" to let me know it's worked. But I still get the seat belt chime. Does that 3x method only work under a certain speed?

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fellas. I've tried the 3x method and I get the usual "ding" to let me know it's worked. But I still get the seat belt chime. Does that 3x method only work under a certain speed?

I did it like 3-4 times till it actually disabled. Even though got the completion ding each time.

19Streak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did it like 3-4 times till it actually disabled. Even though got the completion ding each time.

I guess I will go back out and try again! I'm having a heck of a time getting my homelink garage door opener to work as well. Haven't had any issues with my last 5 rams but can't seem to get this one working

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I will go back out and try again! I'm having a heck of a time getting my homelink garage door opener to work as well. Haven't had any issues with my last 5 rams but can't seem to get this one working

I am having issues with my garage door, but my parents garage programmed first try.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have a write up for it? I can't view videos.

Get in truck

Fasten seatbelt

Turn truck on

Wait till seatbelt light goes off

Fasten and unfasten seatbelt 3 times quickly

After third unfasten refasten seat belt

Turn truck off with seatbelt fastened, done correctly there will be a chime

If no chime repeat steps again.

Note: Done correctly the fasten seatbelt light will stay illuminated but won’t blink or chime. At low speeds, starting and stopping the fasten seat belt message will also appear in Evic. It may also take multiple successful attempts to finally disable chime.

19Streak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my fifth attempt the seat belt chime is turned off. Little odd that it took 5 attempts