2019 RAM 1500 Limited computer / wiring harness issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGMO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody else with this issue - Have a 2019 1500 Limited that has every option that was available. Issues started with the driver's door - when opening the interior lights flicker, running board will not deploy or will rock back and forth and the center display will not shut off. No issues with any other door. Then shortly after the truck would not start. It does recognize the key fob as it lights up the driver's cluster when pushing start. The system looks like it goes through a full system's diagnostic sequence. All the individual systems cycle through the driver's display and report "inop". This includes Lane Departure, Adaptive Cruise, Air Ride Suspension, Auto Headlight fail, Windshield wipers go for 4 to 5 sweeps ...etc.... Letting truck sit for an hour or so then it starts but looks like it is in a get home mode.... No Cruise, Suspension full up, Lane Departure off ... ect... and unable to control any functions. After home, let truck set overnight and next day starts fine with no faults and everything works. This happened twice on both very cold and very warm days. After second event, took it to several local Auto Parts stores and scanner would not communicate with truck. Ran it over to the Dealer after two weeks in the shop, they "fixed" a broken wire above the scanner receptacle. This fix did not fix anything. As soon as I got the truck back the driver's door - flickering lights - running board issues were still there. Shortly thereafter I had the same non-start - diagnostic event again and it cleared itself after sitting for several hours. Two weeks ago it cam back again but this time sitting does not reset it. So had it towed to the dealer two weeks ago and there is still sits.

What has been done:
After 2nd event Dealer "fixed" broken wire above Scanner receptacle - no change to anything

Now:
Dealer reports Scanner shows "multiple Computer Disconnects"
Tech says there is a wiring issue near the driver's door in the cab but unable to locate the exact defect
Dealer said may have to remove the entire contents of the cab to replace the complete one-piece cab harness - seats, dash, sidewalls, headliner etc.....

My question:
Has anyone seen this issue or have experience enough to steer this sequence of failures to a logical cause?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 19 Bighorn, had the AC TSB Done. They took out dash, blowers, hvac, etc. Did TSB, put all together, NO the auto setting AC/Heat on remote start does not work and they have no clue why.

Not as bad as your s, but U know.

GL on yer issues, but definitely get done while under warranty, just saying.

Red Pepper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
Anybody else with this issue - Have a 2019 1500 Limited that has every option that was available. Issues started with the driver's door - when opening the interior lights flicker, running board will not deploy or will rock back and forth and the center display will not shut off. No issues with any other door. Then shortly after the truck would not start. It does recognize the key fob as it lights up the driver's cluster when pushing start. The system looks like it goes through a full system's diagnostic sequence. All the individual systems cycle through the driver's display and report "inop". This includes Lane Departure, Adaptive Cruise, Air Ride Suspension, Auto Headlight fail, Windshield wipers go for 4 to 5 sweeps ...etc.... Letting truck sit for an hour or so then it starts but looks like it is in a get home mode.... No Cruise, Suspension full up, Lane Departure off ... ect... and unable to control any functions. After home, let truck set overnight and next day starts fine with no faults and everything works. This happened twice on both very cold and very warm days. After second event, took it to several local Auto Parts stores and scanner would not communicate with truck. Ran it over to the Dealer after two weeks in the shop, they "fixed" a broken wire above the scanner receptacle. This fix did not fix anything. As soon as I got the truck back the driver's door - flickering lights - running board issues were still there. Shortly thereafter I had the same non-start - diagnostic event again and it cleared itself after sitting for several hours. Two weeks ago it cam back again but this time sitting does not reset it. So had it towed to the dealer two weeks ago and there is still sits.

What has been done:
After 2nd event Dealer "fixed" broken wire above Scanner receptacle - no change to anything

Now:
Dealer reports Scanner shows "multiple Computer Disconnects"
Tech says there is a wiring issue near the driver's door in the cab but unable to locate the exact defect
Dealer said may have to remove the entire contents of the cab to replace the complete one-piece cab harness - seats, dash, sidewalls, headliner etc.....

My question:
Has anyone seen this issue or have experience enough to steer this sequence of failures to a logical cause?
My 2015 5.7 hemi has similar issues but I can make flickering stop when I turn parking lights or head lights on. My research came up with no one answer. But did see a note from some one I think is an FCA engineer that said it is an ECM issue.