2019 Ram 2500 - 6.4 litre hemi - Cranks, but wont start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rmcnic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM 2500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6 4
Down in lower Baja Mexico and went to start my truck this morning and cranks, but no ignition. No issues when I drove it yesterday. Checked pretty much every fuse under the dash - all good. Jumped the battery just in case it was a low battery. Any other things I can check?

I've got a local mechanic coming to look, but will probably end up towing into a dealership in Cabo or La Paz if that doesn't pan out.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hopefully and perhaps likely it is a battery issue, especially if the truck lives in CA even though today it is in baja. Right about where oem cold batteries die. You might consider increasing capacity to H8 if you are going back to CA, if you arent going back to CA H7 will be fine.

AAAAAAAAAZo%2fAYJGlGddSC4%2fs1600%2fBatteryCapLife.jpg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checks for fuel at the injector rail, it has a Schraeder fitting on it remove the cap and depress the valve and see if fuel spits out or put a fuel pressure gauge on it, you may have a bad relay or fuel pump.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Down in lower Baja Mexico and went to start my truck this morning and cranks, but no ignition. No issues when I drove it yesterday. Checked pretty much every fuse under the dash - all good. Jumped the battery just in case it was a low battery. Any other things I can check?

I've got a local mechanic coming to look, but will probably end up towing into a dealership in Cabo or La Paz if that doesn't pan out.
Share the fix when found ,thanks.