2019 Ram 5.7l coolant is insane now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, learn something today, chrysler oat pre mix is 14 bucks amazon, and peak global life is 19, so oem purple oat is cheaper then the best alternative.

now I see op is in canada, read the coolant thread, peak global life is best alternative, check pricing.

O Canada... (‿|‿)

The Amazon.com link you have posted shows not available for me. Just for fun, I'll try again while using a VPN and update my post.

Nope, it still shows temporarily unavailable even while connecting with a VPN. No conspiracy here. :cool:

Mopar coolant temp NA at Amazon.jpg

So, $14US @Amazon.com or $55.87 Cdn @ Amazon.ca . LOL, just say'n. Good call on referring the Canadian OP to another product.

Amazon.Cack

Mopar coolant at Amazon.cack.jpg

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I don't know the field of msds on lifetime coolants, basically you want to replace the coolant with one with similar msds or sds, as long as it doesn't have 2eha, (2-ethylhexanoic acid), those are for gm engines where they designed the system to handle dex, and yet still there are issues with it because of this additive and other less known additives. So research lifetime coolants msds forms and know which additive is embitterment, those are harmless they just look scary. If there is one cheaper then peak global life in canada, let me know and I can look it up, just avoid dex and dex clones, they are not safe to use in rams despite those manu's actually saying it is ok.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Embittered by the way, is in reference to a product they add to change the sweet taste of anti freeze, to a bitter taste, so animals & birds will not take a second sip & make themselves sick

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I was surprised that you can't find Zerex Extended Life Nitrite Free, Heavy Duty anti freeze on Amazon.ca, its what I used in my truck, it meets Mopar MS 12106, I see that the price of Mopar coolant has come down a lot since I had to buy some last year...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I was surprised that you can't find Zerex Extended Life Nitrite Free, Heavy Duty anti freeze on Amazon.ca, its what I used in my truck, it meets Mopar MS 12106, I see that the price of Mopar coolant has come down a lot since I had to buy some last year...
btw this also looks like a good choice like peak global life, as it doesnt have 2eha either, msds.

And since zerex is a great brand, there ya go. Their go5 coolant is for HOAT applications, the one you mentioned looks like oat.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956