2019 RAM BIGHORN. POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW WORKS INTERMITTENTLY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanM19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hello,
I have a 2019 Ram Bighorn 1500 w/ 36k miles. Recently the power sliding rear window has begun only working intermittently. It all started about a week ago when I accidently left the window slightly open overnight. When I got in it in the morning it wouldn't close, but I figured maybe it was because it was cold and needed to warm up. It eventually started working again and closed before my commute was over. Since then its proper function has been intermittent. You can press the overhead button all you want, with no response.....and then all of a sudden it will work perfectly fine, until the next time you use the truck and then it won't work at all.

My question is if this is common, and if there is a way to bypass the power option and just open and close the window manually? Also, has anyone experienced this before and have a way to fix it? The truck is obviously fairly new with low miles so I wouldn't expect this would be an issue so soon.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Yeep ...don't waste time ... take it to the dealership and have them print out an invoice that you have complained about it even if they don't fix it ...

OP
OP
R

RyanM19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I tried doing that, so I could at least close it by hand but it did not work. I can not even close it by hand. Checked the track and did not see any obstructions. image.jpg

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have an intermittent short probably from moisture getting in somewhere from being left open. That’s my guess. Take it to the dealer and get it done under warranty. Don’t waste your energy trying to fuss with it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are still under warranty, take it in. Get er done.....

Otherwise, just leave it closed like most do.....
YUP, I quite literally never open mine, maybe move it once each season, just for giggles,.