2019 Ram buyers please read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I wish I had known. Oh well, now I know.
Doing it this way, you will have power folding mirrors as well. If it is an option you would like to have. I was disappointed to see that the ‘19 1500 with trailer tow mirrors still do not power fold. I thought sure it would have been added to the 5th gen 1/2 tons. The HD has had power fold mirrors since 2015.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doing it this way, you will have power folding mirrors as well. If it is an option you would like to have. I was disappointed to see that the ‘19 1500 with trailer tow mirrors still do not power fold. I thought sure it would have been added to the 5th gen 1/2 tons. The HD has had power fold mirrors since 2015.

Yeah, another big thing. This is too much, I'm way more stressed over this than I should be. I ordered in January, it's supposed to arrive between the 14th and 18th, and now I have to start all over. I really hope they can get it to me before August. Ugh!

sarge1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just checked my window sticker and the Surround View Camera System (SVCS) is definitely listed, as are the Trailer-Tow Mirrors. No credits or deletions mentioned! I will be discussing this missing option with my dealer, as I have spent considerable time trying to find the setting for the SVCS.

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been in the hunt for a 19 to my spec and ran into this issue. I am now seeing corrected window stickers. The stickers still show surround cameras but state the delete also. Most sales personal are clueless. I believe you also will be missing the electric folding feature also if you get TOW mirrors...

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been in the hunt for a 19 to my spec and ran into this issue. I am now seeing corrected window stickers. The stickers still show surround cameras but state the delete also. Most sales personal are clueless. I believe you also will be missing the electric folding feature also if you get TOW mirrors...
It's funny you say that. When I ordered my truck in January, I ordered the trailer tow package which states on my sticker, "power foldaway mirrors ". Didn't realize that meant that they were "power" and you can fold them manually. Crazy, with all the other equipment on this new truck that these huge mirrors don't have power fold.

fastfrank2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 big horn
Engine
It gotme and the salesmen are clueless I'm still thinking of dumping my tow mirrors and putting factory limited back on it

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Will they be able to add the correct codes to that swap ?

omnomnomnom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It gotme and the salesmen are clueless I'm still thinking of dumping my tow mirrors and putting factory limited back on it

Problem is there is also a different grill they use when they don't have to support surround view. Did you figure anything out on this?

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Problem is there is also a different grill they use when they don't have to support surround view. Did you figure anything out on this?

If you get tow mirrors do you lose the front camera?

I also wondered if the regular mirrors could be ordered and swapped out - if the harness is there, etc - then some computer codes tweaked to enable

omnomnomnom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you get tow mirrors do you lose the front camera?

I also wondered if the regular mirrors could be ordered and swapped out - if the harness is there, etc - then some computer codes tweaked to enable

Yes, you lose the front camera. You lose surround view, you lose power folding, you lose front view, you lose power auto tilt down on rear gear selection option, you lose entry exit exterior lighting directed on the ground.

The 1990s called and asked for their trash tow mirors back. If you don't need tow mirrors don't get them, if you do look for another truck.

A lot of fit and finish problems I've seen on Limiteds too I think would be fair to have a whole thread about.

Bumps on smooth runs and stress and over tightening on tight runs of the leather, chrome trim misalignment on windows, noisey sunroof covers, mysterious resonant noises running the sub, noticable differences in HK sound system quality, uconnect bugs of all sorts, mismatched length tailgate support cables... the full list is gross if you've gone over a handful of them.

It's easy to overlook and buyers will for awhile until they get better at inspecting with luxury (Limited) eyes instead of Big Horn eyes.

I've been in four without rose colored glasses on and if you can look past those types of things you're probably fine, if you can't that truck will drive you to insanity at the luxury trim levels.