2019 Ram electrical problem and customer service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yesterday i was driving my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn(22,000 miles) when the wiper blades came on and every possible warning light and error message came on in my truck. I was able to pull over before i Crashed. When i shut off the truck, the wipers and warnings would not stop. I had to disconnect the battery to make it stop.
Chrysler sent a tow truck to take my truck to the nearest dealership. Four hours later the tow truck showed up and took it to the dealer. Dealer said they may not get to look at my truck until Friday or Saturday. They were also out of loaner vehicles. I called ram customer service about a rental car. The assigned me a case and called me today. They said because the dealer they sent me to doesn't have a contract with enterprise, there is nothing they can do for me. They said I can rent my own and they would see if they could POSSIBLY reimburse me, but they are not sure.
So here I am with no vehicle and no support from RAM. Buyer beware. They love you until you have a problem, then are sorry they can't help. This is my sixth and last Ram or dodge product.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow...New body style 2019?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to world of New Car Dealerships. My dealership the owner and his wife are driving all around daily with customer loaner cars that are for the customers to use not them. Then they tell you they are out of loaner cars.

OP
OP
B

Blue18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes. It is the new body style. Craziest thing I have ever seen. The messages kept coming up on my screen saying basically any problem that the truck could have, mine had it. Chrysler will only tow it to the nearest dealership. The response on getting a courtesy car or rental car was unbelievable. With the holiday, it's possible that they won't even look at it until Monday. Then who know how long it could be in the shop.
My last truck was a 2014 Ram bighorn. Three days after I bought it, a rocker arm broke. Took about a month to get that sorted out, but at least they gave me a car. That's 2 new Rams in a Row with problems. I think I am done with Ram. I had a 01, 05, 09, 14 and now a 19. This customer service really has me on fire. Buyer beware

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow...sorry to hear.

Ive had three Rams , an 11,15 and now a Classic 19...never one issue...sorry, feel your pain tho.

OP
OP
B

Blue18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Great news. I got a call from the dealer and I can pick up my truck. Apparently nothing is wrong with my truck and I can pick it up. I guess a total system shutdown while driving is normal and nothing to worry about. I wonder what ram considers a problem.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yesterday i was driving my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn(22,000 miles) when the wiper blades came on and every possible warning light and error message came on in my truck. I was able to pull over before i Crashed. When i shut off the truck, the wipers and warnings would not stop. I had to disconnect the battery to make it stop.
Chrysler sent a tow truck to take my truck to the nearest dealership. Four hours later the tow truck showed up and took it to the dealer. Dealer said they may not get to look at my truck until Friday or Saturday. They were also out of loaner vehicles. I called ram customer service about a rental car. The assigned me a case and called me today. They said because the dealer they sent me to doesn't have a contract with enterprise, there is nothing they can do for me. They said I can rent my own and they would see if they could POSSIBLY reimburse me, but they are not sure.
So here I am with no vehicle and no support from RAM. Buyer beware. They love you until you have a problem, then are sorry they can't help. This is my sixth and last Ram or dodge product.

Do you have E-Torque?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And I bet they cleared any codes that were stored instead of doing due diligence to figure out WHY they were stored.

I guess just keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. I would get a code reader that you can use so you can at least see what is in the computer before the dealer wipes it out.

Asked about E-torque because they had a grounding issue at one point.

redman4455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Saw some interesting posts about fuses not being seated properly. Might be something to look at since some were saying multiple fuses weren't seated properly when they picked up their brand new truck.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Great news. I got a call from the dealer and I can pick up my truck. Apparently nothing is wrong with my truck and I can pick it up. I guess a total system shutdown while driving is normal and nothing to worry about. I wonder what ram considers a problem.

buy a code scanner/clearer and toss it in the back. mine showed a check engine light while on a trip once and I went autozone to get a free scan. it was some evap code due to a sensor at the gas filler and the code disabled remote start. a local dealer said their fix is replace some evap sensor that they dont have in stock so I bought a 50$ scanner and cleared the code and annoying check engine light...has never reset the code so I'm glad I didnt waste time at the dealer. I figure some other ecm glitch will eventually pop up and the odb scanner may keep me from being shut down on the side of the road.

GregW68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
chrisbh17

Do you have any more information about that e-torque grounding issue?

Thanks,

greg