2019 Ram Limited-- Problems, dealer cannot be reached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
....or trim and fitting issues that usually can be taken care of by the dealer in a day.

I wish my dealer had this turnaround time. I brought mine in for an exterior chrome trim issue on 7/30 and as of today 9/24, it is not fixed.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 & 1998
Engine
5.9 Gas & 5.9 Diesel
Never ever buy any vehicle without first test driving it! I used to work for a dealer in service and can tell you there were many times new or even used vehicles that are brought in on transport trucks were damaged from mishandling or abuse either at the factory or during the loading and unloading processes. Scratches, dents, dings, and undercarriage or suspension damage along with interior damage are just some of the many things we had to file damage reports on at the dealer level. And, there is NO excuse for service being non-responsive to your calls. I would place a call to the general manager of the dealership and that should get some quick action. Managers do not like to hear of performance issues concerning service departments.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last week I purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited from my local dealer, traded in my 2018 Longhorn because I wanted the new body style. From the drive home I noticed a bunch of issues. Loud popping sound when turning or going over a bump, sounds like I just ran over a nail. The radio sometimes comes on but no sound, songs will play but nothing from the speakers. This truck has more trim rattles than a uhaul truck, seems like poor qc from the factory.

Being a new year I would expect some problems, but it has been over a week now of me trying to contact the service department leaving numerous messages, and I cannot even get a human on the phone. I tried the answering/appointment service and when I told them the issues and said I was requesting a loaner while my truck was in the shop they transferred me to a voicemail to leave yet another message without a return call.

What should my next step be?
Didn't you test drive it first?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO sounds like time for another dealer and complaint calls to FCA, just my thoughts...

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I would review your state's lemon law as it is unlikely that Ram or your dealer will fix the problem(s) with the truck based on history. The reason why so many people buy a dated Toyota Tundra instead of a pickup from Ram, Chevy, or Ford, is that they are paying for reliability and a responsive manufacturer.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/

Similar issues with Ford F-150 trucks by their owners. No doubt there are thousands of happy truck owners but if you are unlucky in what you happen to get from the dealer it is important to know up front how much support you are likely to get.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
When I am spending $40,000 or more on a vehicle I am going to take 10 minutes and do a test drive. I am also going to check the fluid levels as the dealer prep people often make mistakes. I have had low ATF, ungreased control arms, slipping belts, missing tire iron, missing jack, missing spare tire, incorrect side mirrors, and that is with my last 2 vehicle purchases.

In both cases I took the vehicle back to the dealer and refused to take delivery until the problems were corrected. The dealers wanted the vehicles off their lots and off their books and so they made sure the problems were quickly corrected. I had lots of leverage before taking possession of the vehicle and little or no leverage afterwards.

Frankly, you screwed up and now want sympathy. I don't even buy a dozen eggs without checking that none are broken, but maybe that is just me.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Contact Ram Cares on this forum, they helped me out with a couple of issues the dealer had no desire or time to fix for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL... well thats a dealer that i would never have time or the desire to buy another vehicle from...!
I believe there is a thread started on this forum to list good/bad dealerships, i would suggest you drop the dealers name in there.
By listing a BAD dealer, It would help save a lot of other people in that area from wasting their time and valuable dollars at that dealership.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Are folks still having big issues? I want to get one in the next few weeks, however some forums are quite negative. I trying to get as much advice as possible so I don't have regrets. Do you have complaints? Do you have the v6 or the v8 ? (eTorque engine's ?) What kind of mileage are you getting? Regards. I want the Limited with everything, however I'm wondering if the v6 eTorque is the safest bet for best mpg's.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last week I purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited from my local dealer, traded in my 2018 Longhorn because I wanted the new body style. From the drive home I noticed a bunch of issues. Loud popping sound when turning or going over a bump, sounds like I just ran over a nail. The radio sometimes comes on but no sound, songs will play but nothing from the speakers. This truck has more trim rattles than a uhaul truck, seems like poor qc from the factory.

Being a new year I would expect some problems, but it has been over a week now of me trying to contact the service department leaving numerous messages, and I cannot even get a human on the phone. I tried the answering/appointment service and when I told them the issues and said I was requesting a loaner while my truck was in the shop they transferred me to a voicemail to leave yet another message without a return call.

What should my next step be?

well its not your fault you got a lame dealer my advice would to be go to another dealer and keep going to the other dealer as if you brought the truck from them because believe me your dealer is going to get a lot horrible if this is the way things are going

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
well its not your fault you got a lame dealer my advice would to be go to another dealer and keep going to the other dealer as if you brought the truck from them because believe me your dealer is going to get a lot horrible if this is the way things are going
The OP is long gone....

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Are folks still having big issues? I want to get one in the next few weeks, however some forums are quite negative. I trying to get as much advice as possible so I don't have regrets. Do you have complaints? Do you have the v6 or the v8 ? (eTorque engine's ?) What kind of mileage are you getting? Regards. I want the Limited with everything, however I'm wondering if the v6 eTorque is the safest bet for best mpg's.

Love my 2019, no issues whatsoever. Hemi is as smooth as silk, plenty of power, and I have a great dealer.

IMG_20190514_144624.jpg