2019 RAM peeling dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry Morrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 E-Torque
The entire dashboard covering of my $60K 2019 RAM Limited is delaminating and peeling !!! I know this a known problem but RAM is refusing to do anything about it since it was about 7,000 miles past the 36K warranty. To add insult to injury, they are saying it is "cosmetic" and the $2K "bumper to bumper" warranty doesn't cover it either. Any suggestions. I am planning on making a video and blasting it as far and wide as I can. If it keeps just 1 person from buying a RAM I will have succeeded.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The entire dashboard covering of my $60K 2019 RAM Limited is delaminating and peeling !!! I know this a known problem but RAM is refusing to do anything about it since it was about 7,000 miles past the 36K warranty. To add insult to injury, they are saying it is "cosmetic" and the $2K "bumper to bumper" warranty doesn't cover it either. Any suggestions. I am planning on making a video and blasting it as far and wide as I can. If it keeps just 1 person from buying a RAM I will have succeeded.
Just to be clear, no extended warranty is "bumper to bumper". Most, if not all do not cover soft interior surfaces. It definitely sucks that your dash has delaminated. Pics would be nice. Some people who have had this problem outside the factory warranty have had dealerships they regularly work with, "good will" the repair at no cost to them. But you usually need to have a good working relationship with your dealership for that to happen, and based on what you said about "blasting it as far and wide" as you can, I'm guessing that's not the case with you and your dealership.

MateoQueFeo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you use sun shades? or a dash cover?

Do you think those would have helped?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do you use sun shades? or a dash cover?

Do you think those would have helped?
There are several threads about this happening. Some of the members who complained about having this issue say they have always use sun shades. Others have said they don't. It doesn't seem to me that it's an issue with sunlight, but more of an issue with the adhesive that was used. I'm just hoping they updated that by the time my '21 model was built. But, as they say, "hope is not a plan". If it does happen to mine, it better happen within the next two years or I'm just going to live with it.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
FCA bean counters board meeting:
"The budget for our country singers commercials plus that TV show using our Rams is skyrocketing."
"We can balance the budget by switching to that lowest grade adhesive for interior trim, you know, the stuff that failed our tests."
"Great idea! Make it happen."

igotrammed2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@Jerry Morrison I'm willing to help you with content for your video. I have the same issue. I've had countless issues with this truck, from the simple things like wiper motor failing, to sun-roof replacement, rear window replacement, back break replacement, exhaust manifold cracked (still waiting on parts for over a month now), my driver side keyless entry works sometimes, other times it likes to ignore me, the tailgate is now locking up when trying to open, my dash is delaminating... I have more I can list, but you get the point. I'm beyond done with this 60K+ POS.

19RamLimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven’t been on the forum in a while and I came here today to see if anybody else had dealt with a peeling/warping dash. Now I’m just further outraged with everything I have had to deal with on my 2019 Ram Limited. I’m never buying a Ram again.4D03B814-3CF7-4341-A736-88810710C499.jpeg

Attachments

• 56CD24D0-54CF-4208-9C64-1C7AA50AAA41.jpeg
    56CD24D0-54CF-4208-9C64-1C7AA50AAA41.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 27

JD Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our son's 2019 Limited dashboard is also bubbling. Dealer in Memphis refuses to fix. Wants $1700 to repair it. Son's elevated the issue but not holding my breath. Sad. We are a RAM family. Son owns 2019 Limited, we have a 2021 Limited, son #2 has 2014 RAM Big Horn. If RAM refuses to stand by their customers, our family will be looking elsewhere. Disappointed and angry is an understatement.

Bstern36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having the same issue. Only 3k miles out of warranty and about 6 months. But the leather on the dash is starting to bubble up. Like you said almost a 70k truck and last 3 years. Wtf. I’m still waiting on the response from the dealership tho.

Bstern36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven’t been on the forum in a while and I came here today to see if anybody else had dealt with a peeling/warping dash. Now I’m just further outraged with everything I have had to deal with on my 2019 Ram Limited. I’m never buying a Ram again.View attachment 499033
Mine looks exactly the same. Clearly this is a big problem.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess I am lucky, but I do have a dash cover on mine, been on there since the 4th week I owned the truck. But I have a lowly Bighorn, not have all the fancy leather like stuff.

41976600_163563681235808_3355622240006701056_n.jpg

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey everyone!

For anyone experiencing a bubbling dashboard, please send us a direct message. We may be able to offer some assistance with repair.

Callie
Ram Cares