2019 ram touch screen goes black after 20 min driving and wont come back on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
this happens every single time I get in the truck, screen goes black and wont come back on till I pull over and shut off truck completely, and wait 5-10 minutes then restart. only 2000 miles on her I took it to dealer, they said engineering knows about problem and it suppose to send out a patch sometime in 4th quarter of 2018. WHAT!!! that's the answer I got....THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! $$$$ 50,000 DOLLAR TRUCK RAM HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

Last edited:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
this happens every single time I get in the truck, and wont come back on till I pull over and shut off truck completely, then restart. only 2000 miles on her I took it to dealer, they said engineering knows about problem and it suppose to send out a patch sometime in 4th quarter of 2019. WHAT!!! that's the answer I got....THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! $$$$ 50,000 DOLLAR TRUCK DODGE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS
They are. They’re working on a patch they said and will fix it when they have the answer :) It’s not Dodge either. It’s Ram and it’s fca

OP
OP
J

jkelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
how could this be acceptable I have to wait and see for the next few months now knowing anything about the progress of fixing the issue is going? how can that be?

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
this happens every single time I get in the truck, screen goes black and wont come back on till I pull over and shut off truck completely, and wait 5-10 minutes then restart. only 2000 miles on her I took it to dealer, they said engineering knows about problem and it suppose to send out a patch sometime in 4th quarter of 2018. WHAT!!! that's the answer I got....THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! $$$$ 50,000 DOLLAR TRUCK RAM HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

Take another truck from the dealership with the same system for a drive. If that system plays more than 20 minutes tell them to switch units. There have been a lot of these sold and this is the first time I remember seeing it on the forum.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8

Take it back to the dealer and tell them to keep it until it’s fixed. My screen went completely black (although it was on because it would light up when the truck started but just go to a black screen). They put me in two rentals and ultimately a Laramie to drive while it stayed at the shop for 41 days. It took weeks after the new radio was in to sort out the UConnect and Sirius Guardian stuff. AT&T Hotspot still doesn’t work and I haven’t even received the original update that seemingly has already been pushed out but the dealer says they can’t do it and it has to go over the air. I don’t think I’ll ever get it but FCA says to call back if I haven’t received it after the first of the year.

It is unacceptable, it’s a safety issue if you can’t access the cameras. You have limited access to the climate controls and can’t control the seat comfort features. You can’t change the audio settings. No navigation. And you can’t use the Siri or Android Auto eyes free features.

I ultimately contacted a Lemon Law lawyer and we came to an acceptable agreement. Good luck. But I wouldn’t accept the answer that it’s a known problem and you need to wait for an update to enjoy your vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jkelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
UPDATE !!!! PURCHASED TRUCK IN SEPT 2018 IT IS NOW FEB.2019 AND THE DEALER WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ... I DRIVE 150-200 MILES A DAY AND THE TUUCH SCREEN SHUTS OFF AFTER 15 MINS EVERYDAY, NOT 1 DAY GOES BY WHEN IT DOESNT SHUT OFF NO NAV, NO BACK UP CAMERA CANT ADJUST ANY SETTINGS IN THE TRUCK ...50 THOUSAND DOLLAR PC OF ****

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
this could be all weak battery cell issue seen it in other makes of infotainment

af2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE !!!! PURCHASED TRUCK IN SEPT 2018 IT IS NOW FEB.2019 AND THE DEALER WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ... I DRIVE 150-200 MILES A DAY AND THE TUUCH SCREEN SHUTS OFF AFTER 15 MINS EVERYDAY, NOT 1 DAY GOES BY WHEN IT DOESNT SHUT OFF NO NAV, NO BACK UP CAMERA CANT ADJUST ANY SETTINGS IN THE TRUCK ...50 THOUSAND DOLLAR PC OF ****

Now that its months later, any luck? Guess what? I was driving to work today and BOOM.. screen goes black for the first time. Same situation as you.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was fixed on my truck early this year with a "OTA" Over the Air update for the radio. Never had it black out again. You apply any update you get notified on when you start the truck and will see it on the radio display. it will tell you that you will need to leave the truck on for about 30 minutes

m701

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IM in the same boat. Waiting on FCA

R

Rogues Gambit

Screen went out today as I got back from from the Valet (stayed at a hotel overnight for my sister's wedding)

Letting the truck sit in the venues driveway as I wait to pick up party favors from last night's wedding, at least I know it well enough to handle the blindspots and stuff

Patrick M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have problems with this unit on my 2019 1500! and we told the same thing ( will be updated by end of year(2019)) My truck only has 1300 miles on it! I'm ready to return it!! No one knows what's wrong with it and the new units aren't any better!