2019 ram3500 dually battery dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Callie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck completely dead after sitting for 5 days. Charged it and it started. Couple days later started no problem, drove it. Then went to start it ,,dead again. Charged it, started and heard loud pop. It's at the dealer and nothing has indicated a battery, electrical etc problem. Of course is started every time for them

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Your thread title through me for a bit
At first i read it as a Dual Battery truck, not a dual tire truck.

The dealer or any decent shop should have been able to find what is drawing down your battery

smoore1104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
I have a 2019 Ram 3500 as well. I have already replaced both batteries. Started by giving me a click and nothing else but would jumpstart. Ran for several weeks no issue and did it again several times. Haven't had an issue since the batteries were both replaced.

lieutenant Aldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would suggest a big 3 upgrade of its not already done. That requires running 2 grounds.one from the battery to the chassis and one from the battery to the engine. And if applicable from the positive post of the battery to the positive of the alternator. Second battery do the same. I noticed with my truck it had grounds connected to the chassis over paint.

OP
OP
C

Callie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's what happens, I was able to recreate and video

OP
OP
C

Callie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The mp4 wont upload, overall we push button, diesel warmup indicator bar shows all lights and gauges on, then everything turns off or gouges slowly drop to zero and we get a pop. Then batteries dead, won't start unless we charge for at least 20minutes. Dealer can't recreate issue, tested batteries and they pass, its under warranty but they won't just replace them unless test indicates. If you want to see video email [email protected]

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Truck completely dead after sitting for 5 days. Charged it and it started. Couple days later started no problem, drove it. Then went to start it ,,dead again. Charged it, started and heard loud pop. It's at the dealer and nothing has indicated a battery, electrical etc problem. Of course is started every time for them
could very well be bad batteries if twin batteries are in the truck ! you never said if you have ever replaced them most batteries are good for about 5 years anything over that is money in the bank!

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
could very well be bad batteries if twin batteries are in the truck ! you never said if you have ever replaced them most batteries are good for about 5 years anything over that is money in the bank!
More like 3 years now. Does anybody remember when you could get 6, 8, & even 10 years out of a battery? I don't know if it's cause all of the electronics in newer vehicles or they started making batteries different. I got only about 3 1/2 years out of my trucks battery. Replaced it & only got about 9 months out of the second. Pep Boys had to replace that one for free. And I ain't the guy that listens to his radio for hours at a time with the engine off.