2019 Rebel Hood guard fit on a PW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Before I go the route of the Aeroskin, I was at the dealership and looked at the new rebels...I LIKE the Hood guard! But, it is so new that the dealer cannot find a part number for it! Anyone see one of these and know if it will even fit on a 2500PW? Or better yet, if anyone here might know what part number it is so if it does fit I can get the dealership to order one and install it?
The parts guy tells me that the new parts book isn't fully translated from French...French? Fiat is Italian right? But anyway, they can't find the part! Help!
Thanks!
Mazer

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ‘19 Rebel is a completely different body style. Im not sure why it would fit at all.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
The hoods are definitely different the 4th Gen PW has a larger "bump" in the center. I don't think it would fit at all

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, it LOOKS like it should fit in person...but it may not..that's what I'm trying to determine. If it wasn't even close, I wouldn't be asking. :)
Still not convinced with "sticking" on something on the hood vs attaching it in some way. I LIKE the way the Aeroskin looks, just never tried to attach something on the hood with just sticky tape.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it LOOKS like it should fit in person...but it may not..that's what I'm trying to determine. If it wasn't even close, I wouldn't be asking. :)
Still not convinced with "sticking" on something on the hood vs attaching it in some way. I LIKE the way the Aeroskin looks, just never tried to attach something on the hood with just sticky tape.

WELL, I cannot help U ref sizing, and I have not even seen a 19 PW. As U see, I have a MY 19 Bighorn, and myself and a friend put on the "Aeroskin" II AVS Deflector (matte black) on truck. Yes it uses 3M tape, so I guess just shall see how well it does versus all other stuff. I like how it protects the nose, so my unicorn is not wet but heat here, so shall see.

MAZER, I just checked AVS site and the AVS II is a different part number between my 1500 and 2500, so regardless, watch the part number between 1500 and 2500, just saying...

IMG_0614.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What IS the “hood guard”?

The "deflector" for rocks, bugs etc. guess I was just having a senior moment and just called it what I thought would describe it at the time!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The "deflector" for rocks, bugs etc. guess I was just having a senior moment and just called it what I thought would describe it at the time!

HA, so its just a bug deflector?! Why not get one that is made for your truck?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OLYELR:, really hard unless U wanna pay monster OEM to get aftermarket. Just a lot of places not have ne thing for 19 yet. I had to contact Covercraft Direct to get a dash cover, as none listed, but maybe by end of year some places finally get MY 19 stuff, just saying.....

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OLYELR:, really hard unless U wanna pay monster OEM to get aftermarket. Just a lot of places not have ne thing for 19 yet. I had to contact Covercraft Direct to get a dash cover, as none listed, but maybe by end of year some places finally get MY 19 stuff, just saying.....

The OP has a PW... the hood has been around for like 9 years, I would think there is support for his hood. I honestly dont know, though, as I have never had a bug deflector before.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I have the AVS and it's been solid, uses 3m body tape. just make sure you install it in warmer weather or a garage or the adhesive won't stick as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The current MOPAR offering is grey "see through" and is huge! Down here in SC if you head to the low country at dusk...it sounds like hail in the warm months! But it is bugs! You have to put your wipers on and a LOT of washer fluid...so was trying to mitigate it a bit. Heck, even if it deflects 25% of them it would be a big help!