2019 Rebel wont start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy. Have a 2019 Rebel, I'm the only owner. Had 0 problems out of it. In Tulsa, OK waiting while I close on my house in a few weeks.
Took my dog to the park. Went back to the truck 30 minutes later and it won't start. Battery is good and charged. Key Fob is good. Won't click or crank. Just keeps saying push break and push start but nothing happens.
Auto start doesn't yield any results either. 30K miles so I'm getting a tow and any problem should fall under warranty.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Howdy. Have a 2019 Rebel, I'm the only owner. Had 0 problems out of it. In Tulsa, OK waiting while I close on my house in a few weeks.
Took my dog to the park. Went back to the truck 30 minutes later and it won't start. Battery is good and charged. Key Fob is good. Won't click or crank. Just keeps saying push break and push start but nothing happens.
Auto start doesn't yield any results either. 30K miles so I'm getting a tow and any problem should fall under warranty.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas?
When you attempt to start your truck, use your key fob to push the start button while holding the brake and see if your truck starts.

OP
OP
GMG71

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you attempt to start your truck, use your key fob to push the start button while holding the brake and see if your truck starts.

That didn't do it. Tow driver pulled the orange gear release under the dash and it started right up. But now the back up camera doesn't work and neither do passenger seat heaters lol. No biggie, got a dealer appointment Thursday.
Thanks for the response.

OP
OP
GMG71

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is at the dealer and they're having the same issue. It has power but they can't get it to start.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like BCM not communicating with other electronics, RF module failure also, but I could be 100% wrong. Maybe the brake sensor/circuit showing brake depressed ref push to start not working/synched somehow. all just internet guesses, yer Dealership should be able to fix. BUT if remote also not working, yet tow driver pulled tow handle, hmmm, something electronic not communicating with another part.

ADDED: This is Internet guessnosis, and neva rely on this, just a thought, hee hee.

OP
OP
GMG71

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like BCM not communicating with other electronics, RF module failure also, but I could be 100% wrong. Maybe the brake sensor/circuit showing brake depressed ref push to start not working/synched somehow. all just internet guesses, yer Dealership should be able to fix. BUT if remote also not working, yet tow driver pulled tow handle, hmmm, something electronic not communicating with another part.

ADDED: This is Internet guessnosis, and neva rely on this, just a thought, hee hee.

I sent your thoughts to the dealer and they said they had those reports and have 0 idea what the problem is lol. Meanwhile I'm stranded with a 130 pound Corso in a hotel room while I close on my house April 15th and no vehicle lol. They were out of loaners.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally would get with dealership and make em give U some type of loaner, ne thing that runs, or get something from somewhere like Enterprise, whatever. When I had my Bighorn in for a TSB overnight, I ended up with a 300. Ne thing that runs, but that is me. I wish U luck on this, cause in my Awfully Humble opinion sounds like electronics either not working/or talking to each other, but again, not a mechanic, just a BOIRD.

OP
OP
GMG71

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally would get with dealership and make em give U some type of loaner, ne thing that runs, or get something from somewhere like Enterprise, whatever. When I had my Bighorn in for a TSB overnight, I ended up with a 300. Ne thing that runs, but that is me. I wish U luck on this, cause in my Awfully Humble opinion sounds like electronics either not working/or talking to each other, but again, not a mechanic, just a BOIRD.

Thanks for the input!

I tried to get a loaner but they said they were out. Won't waste the coin on a rental since I'm about to have to furnish a house on VA disability. It is what it is lol.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input!

I tried to get a loaner but they said they were out. Won't waste the coin on a rental since I'm about to have to furnish a house on VA disability. It is what it is lol.

YUP, I got what U be a saying, LOL...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, thank you for your service. You salt dogs paved the way for us pups!

Salt dog? Hmmmmm, No SUH, I's not a Navy or Marine. Served in USAF and USA and retired USA, LOL................. No port holes for dis BOIRD !!!!! :headbang:

But ty fer yer ty... :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
GMG71

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Salt dog? Hmmmmm, No SUH, I's not a Navy or Marine. Served in USAF and USA and retired USA, LOL................. No port holes for dis BOIRD !!!!! :headbang:

Salt dogs was later adapted when i was in for all old timers in any branch lol.
But ty fer yer ty... :Big Laugh:

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hate your having those issues at such an early age. This is one of the reasons I went with a bare bones Tradesman. Hopefully less stuff to go wrong. So far just just one ESC brake module with 24k on the clock.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wifes 19 Pacifica did the same thing. Battery was already dead at 13k miles, so was the start stop battery, which we never ever leave on. It was weird. Its had a slew of issues with needing updated software etc. Hopefully it is nothing major. I literally pulled out of a car wash, killed it to vacuum and do the leather and it would not start.