2019+ RFE Valve Body Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey guys, long time no see!

Anyways, I have come back with a few questions and maybe someone here can help me answer them.

I was on YouTube looking at a few videos about RFE transmissions, and in one of them the person that was talking about the transmissions brought out a blue solenoid pack and a strange RFE valve body that I had never seen before and it completely bewildered me. After watching this video I discovered that this valve body and solenoid pack has a separate solenoid for the reverse gear and a separate solenoid for TCC lockup, and I think the solenoid for TCC lockup/reverse solenoid is housed UNDER the valve body. There are also more magnets housed inside of the 2019+ 68RFE valve body; not sure if that was in there before as I don't own a 68RFE and have never worked on a 68RFE.

Came here to ask if anyone has tried to swap out a older 2018 and below valve body for a 2019+ and if they've had any luck, and if the valve body themselves are made out of any different materials to increase reliability, etc.