2019+ RFE Valve Body Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey guys, long time no see!

Anyways, I have come back with a few questions and maybe someone here can help me answer them.

I was on YouTube looking at a few videos about RFE transmissions, and in one of them the person that was talking about the transmissions brought out a blue solenoid pack and a strange RFE valve body that I had never seen before and it completely bewildered me. After watching this video I discovered that this valve body and solenoid pack has a separate solenoid for the reverse gear and a separate solenoid for TCC lockup, and I think the solenoid for TCC lockup/reverse solenoid is housed UNDER the valve body. There are also more magnets housed inside of the 2019+ 68RFE valve body; not sure if that was in there before as I don't own a 68RFE and have never worked on a 68RFE.

Came here to ask if anyone has tried to swap out a older 2018 and below valve body for a 2019+ and if they've had any luck, and if the valve body themselves are made out of any different materials to increase reliability, etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn