2019 Starting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowhnter72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking for any help. Hopefully someone that has figured out this problem.
2019 Rebel V8 5.7 hemi little over 65k miles.
Truck started fine all day the other day.
Yesterday, first cold morning go out to start my truck... nothing. Just a click sound from the starter.
Jumped the truck, still nothing. Click sound when i first push the start button. About a 5 sec delay click sound again. Did this several times. Even with a different car to jump the battery. Check the voltage. 13.5v. Doesn't drop when hitting the start button.
Jumped on the net and found where someone suggested, pulling the neutral release orange cord. Truck started right up.
Check the terminals at starter and battery (original battery). Started fine all day yesterday.
This morning... same thing, truck won't start. Did the neutral pull cord. Didn't help at first couple times. Finally started.
Drove to work ( 2 hour drive). Parked, shut off engine and locked it. Walking into my shop, I hit the remote start. Truck started, hit again to kill it.
Was in my shop 35 minutes, go out to start my truck. Same issue, won't start, just a click. 5 second or so delay and clicks again.
Jump in pull the neutral release, pull again to let it off. Truck starts.
Anyone gone through this? Any solutions?

goat2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
mine is doing the same thing and looking for answers at well but i don't know what this neutral pull wire is that you mentioned, i was thinking i had a bad battery and changed mine with not results.

Gonzo51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having similar issue over last 3-4 weeks. Originally got in truck, hit start button, just a click, no start. All normal interior/dash lights come on, no error messages, no warning lights = truck seemed fine. A few times after start button did not work/start, remote start did work!? As weather got cold last few weeks neither worked (start button or remote), After having to jump starting it a few times, I had battery replaced.

With new battery the issue has continued to happen-started with jump start. However, yesterday I got in truck and tried hitting start-after a few tries the truck started with no jump/assist. Battery gauge in dash shows above 12 volts at startup, 14+ Volts when running. Today was warmer here, about 45 degrees, truck started first time, everytime. (I get it that batteries have to work harder in cold, battery was still showing 12Volts+ in colder weather earlier this week.)

I have a 2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, e-torque about 47K miles. Up until this past month this truck ran perfect.

nadoban

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
I am having this issue too, my truck is presently in the shop and they can't diagnose it, 2020 RAM 5.7 e-torque with around 47K miles. After first time a month or so ago, I had battery replaced and issue stopped. This week it happened again, I couldn't get it started. Lights and all electrical works, press start and you hear a click from engine area, then another one. Sounds like maybe starter is seizing? I have a heated garage so not cold related at all. Really frustrating! I'll post back if the shop (not a dealer) can diagnose or if I find the issue.

I'll try remote start (haven't tried that yet), and putting it in neutral will have to look up owners manual how to do that....