2019 tradesman aftermarket brake controller.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floorguy18231976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have purchased 3 controllers now the latest one is the tekonsha Primus iq, the manual switch works but the brake peddle does not. I am hooked into the plug and play harness and nothing.. any suggestions?

OP
OP
F

Floorguy18231976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called dodge they said I needed an oem controller for it to work I have a hard time believing that’s the case.

OP
OP
F

Floorguy18231976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The controller reads that it is hooked up to a trailer but won’t give any reading for out put at all

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would call the Mfg and see what they have to say about it... You may need an additional wire...

Glen Harrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi All,
I have a 2017 ram 1500 and have the same issue . all four wires on the OEM harness and plugs are conected. I tested the terminals on the plug from the truck and confirm we have power and ground, and the blue wire is for the trailer, I get no power at the fourth terminal ( should be the brake switch as its the same color of wire coming from the switch ) .. Other post say we need to flash the computer to tell it to turn on?? others say it worked with a plug and play

Glen Harrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi all , sorry for the delay on the trailer brake .
went to dealer and had them check out the computer to see if the plug under the dash was turned on , they looked at me like a dog tilting its head , said had to do with the ABS , blah blah . could find any issues and gave the truck back .
Now until then i had not plugged in the trailer , and still saw no activity on the trailer brake .
So after i had got the correct harness installed ,plugged in the trailer , Bang on came the controller and it works fine . YAY
So things i discovered since . oem plug is connected and turned on at factory if the truck came with the hitch and 7 pin installed .
The voltage coming from the brake switch is not 12 volts ( hence why my test lite did not work ) .
All new controllers go into a sleep mode when not sensing the load or trailer plugged in . So anyways all is good and look forward to yanking my camper around this summer