2019 warlock leveling question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragrazor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have read quite a bit on leveling kits for the Ram 1500, specifically the warlock. I have read that most recommend a new strut over a spacer. The truck rides great and I would like to keep the feel of the ride. This truck will not see much off roading since I live in flat Florida. What is the issue with the spacers? I would go either route(spacer or new struts) but cannot find why the spacer would be a problem. I see that many recommend changing the control arms after installing the bilstein struts set at 2.8. I am trying to avoid changing a whole lot. I would just like to level the truck. It’s not the money, i just love the way the truck rides now, I just want to raise the front a bit. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
I had Bilstein struts dialed up to 2.5 and .5" spacers on my Toyota Tacoma for a total of 3" of lift. Changed the geometry enough that I had to replace upper control arms to be able to get it into reasonable alignment and putting that much compression on OEM springs made for a VERY STIFF ride... If you're going to lift/level, spend some money and do it right or you will know about every lil' bump you go over...

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
spacers also wear out the rubber bushing on top the strut and squeak. you can set em at 2.1 and not need to change anything. just get it lined up.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The reason spacers are not recommended on the rams is it throws the suspension geometry to far out of wack that it ruins the ride quality and will allow the upper ball joint to bind up and the cv axle to flex farther than it should and will cause excessive wear and tear that can be avoided by just installing leveling struts. Your warlock sits 1” over stock trucks so any lift will be 1” less. If you install bilstein or eibach or any coilover and set it to 2” you will be fine. Or run the full eibach kit up front and get 2-3” which will be 1-2” over your current height and will still ride great. You need UCAs over 2” lift over a stock truck anyways

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Bilsteins 5100s at 2.8 will raise the TRX4s and Warlocks 2.1". Recommended to also upgrade the UCAs at this setting if you are going to have any offroad use and also to get alignment correct.

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have read quite a bit on leveling kits for the Ram 1500, specifically the warlock. I have read that most recommend a new strut over a spacer. The truck rides great and I would like to keep the feel of the ride. This truck will not see much off roading since I live in flat Florida. What is the issue with the spacers? I would go either route(spacer or new struts) but cannot find why the spacer would be a problem. I see that many recommend changing the control arms after installing the bilstein struts set at 2.8. I am trying to avoid changing a whole lot. I would just like to level the truck. It’s not the money, i just love the way the truck rides now, I just want to raise the front a bit. Thank you in advance
Install bils at 2.8. When your stock UCA's start to fail, upgrade. - That's the cheap way to go especially if you only plan to drive it on the street. However coming from someone who built it the slow and cheap way I'd suggest buy once cry once. Do it right the first time.

Franks

Reaction score
Ram Year
19 classic
Engine
For $500 why wait for something to fail potentially causing more damage. Just wait until you get everything you want. It’ll save you from having to get a alignment for a second time also.

I just got the eibach setup with shocks and springs. I read it would lift anywhere from 2” to 2 3/4”. I didn’t want to take any chances getting stuck somewhere or possibly putting my girls life in danger. With that kit I got 2” of lift. I probably “would have been fine” but the risk vs reward wasn’t worth it. Save $500 and put people at risk / maybe wreck my truck VS upgrade and know I did the best I could to keep the kids safe…

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even with Bilsteins at 2.1 and my truck rarely going anything close to offroad, my passenger side balljoint had a 2mm gap where it was pushing itself out of the uca. Ironically I just happened to replacing this uca due to a torn balljoint boot.
Before it is suggested….Unfortunately, my attempt to install Zone uca’s was a failure due to my truck running 305/55 20’s on a 20x9 0 offset wheel…my sidewall was in contact with the Zone uca. Had to return them. Meh

Franks

Reaction score
Ram Year
19 classic
Engine
Even with Bilsteins at 2.1 and my truck rarely going anything close to offroad, my passenger side balljoint had a 2mm gap where it was pushing itself out of the uca. Ironically I just happened to replacing this uca due to a torn balljoint boot.
Before it is suggested….Unfortunately, my attempt to install Zone uca’s was a failure due to my truck running 305/55 20’s on a 20x9 0 offset wheel…my sidewall was in contact with the Zone uca. Had to return them. Meh

That’s a bummer, but I think I read in your other post, you had wheel offset remorse versus the zone upper control arm itself being the problem? A 305 is a pretty wide tire. (12”) I have the factory 275/60-20 tire. (10.8” wide) pretty substantial difference.

Here’s my clearance.

Attachments

• 4D177309-B964-47FF-BC30-266ACED86E76.jpeg
    4D177309-B964-47FF-BC30-266ACED86E76.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 19

Franks

Reaction score
Ram Year
19 classic
Engine
That’s with the factory sport wheels, whatever offset they are.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s a bummer, but I think I read in your other post, you had wheel offset remorse versus the zone upper control arm itself being the problem? A 305 is a pretty wide tire. (12”) I have the factory 275/60-20 tire. (10.8” wide) pretty substantial difference.

Here’s my clearance.
Yes, You are correct! It is what it is! I hate that saying! LOL

Rdy4FunCA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been running Bilsteins at 2.1 for almost 4 years. I find the ride is great and have had zero issues with any other suspension or drive components. Do not go cheap on a spacer, do it once and do it right.
What tires and size are you funning?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome Rudy! Enjoy the forum!

FYI…Just read back to page 1 of the thread theres posts about the tires or If you look underneath this message, my signature has tires etc in it.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If i were going to level my Ram, id do so with getting different wheels with negative offset to push them away from the control arm and have a better looking stance with a little bit wider tires. Probably go to 305 or 315 size from 275.

However, the wheels i like are $1700 then the tires. But thats what id want to do. Been thinking it over quite a bit.

DesertWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the Rough Country 2” leveling kit with the N3 shocks (part #30430). Pretty happy with the ride and look. Front and rear fenders sitting at 3’3”. Installed by 4 Wheel Parts Stockton.

Note: also went with a 2” wheel spacer front and rear to give a slight poke with the stock 20” wheels.

After

IMG_9706.jpeg
IMG_9709.jpeg

Before
IMG_9694.jpeg
IMG_9544.jpeg