2020 1500 Limited 12 inch radio issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmarshen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just started Uconnect issues after 20k miles on my 2020 1500 Limited. All satellite/radio options no longer work ,as well as phone access even though the the phone appears be connected to the radio. Volume controls no longer work except for navigation which is still fully functional. Tried to refresh Sirius but no luck. Next step is to go to the dealer and troubleshoot the whole 12 inch screen.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi there--

Sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing with your Uconnect system recently. Are you currently working with a dealer to get this addressed?

Courtney
Ram Cares

DavinNotDavid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having the same exact issue! Happened once last week and a restart of the engine fixed it. Today, i stopped for gas and everything was fine previously, then after I filled up, it stopped. I got text messages, and apple car play played them with no sound. No XM, no sound from anything, EXCEPT when I touched the screen. I have the smaller display, but it’s a 2020 Powerwagon with the Alpine stereo. Mileage is 21,644.

Last edited:

Blair Stunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the exact same issue. Anything to do with audio won't work. Currently the problem intermittent, if it works when you start, not a problem. It's a cross your fingers when you start the truck. You can't change any FM or AM chanels, the volume knob will bring up the volume bar but won't change it.

Apple CarPlay will connect and show the song playing. You can start and stop the song but again no sound. You can answer and end a phone call through the BlueTooth but again you can't hear anything and they can't hear you.

I had it booked in to the dealer but it worked fine for them and there wasn't any stored codes. I picked up the truck and it didn't work for me. I drove it back into the service writer bay where the service writer and service tech were able to see the issue. They were able to connect their diagnostic equipment. It didn't log any codes.

Apparently, there is an update that should be coming out this fall.

jllrue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2020 Laramie had the same problems, didn't show any codes, they couldn't see it for themselves, I took pictures every time it happened, I drove it in to the dealership, while ithe radio wasn't working, I told the service writer to look at it while running, I showed him the pictures dated on different occasions, I left it there and the next day they called and said they ordered a new radio. I picked it up last Saturday, so far so good, it's working great! I also had a talk with a parts guy , he said, it's a common problem, and they know about it.

Last edited:

Jmoldham2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
I just took my 2020 1500 to a dealership because I was having the same issue and was told the update didn’t work and I need a new radio. What is Ram doing to fix this known issue. I can’t believe that in a 2 year old truck the radio needs replaced already.