2020 5.7 1500 starting malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dansramny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went to start my 2020 5.7 1500 quad cab, big horn tonight, did not respond to the remote start. Got in, pressed the brake pedal, start button and all of the dash display, gauges, entertainment screen and start randomly and quickly flashing. Vehicle does not start, no way to stop the flashing dash and a clicking sound from under the hood.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
sounds like a battery ! you have a volt meter ? that's where I would start and maybe try and jump start it may have left something on by accident Just saying

Octane

Reaction score
Or a bad underhood fuse/relay box. Start with a battery test first

OP
OP
D

Dansramny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an extended Mopar warranty, they are sending roadside assistance. I do not want to jump start it myself. Given the crazy electrical parts and weirdness I experienced last night. The battery is completely dead this morning

Bryon451

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue, changed the battery still intermittently happens. No idea yet

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yesterday the same thing happened with my ‘21 2500 6.4. Jumped it and it was fine during several stops and starts later in the day. Advanced tested battery and alternator and both were good. I did get an engine light and the code came back U1267, which was hard to read and understand. This morning same thing happened. Next week it goes into the dealership under warranty.

klm2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7 hemi
2020 1500 here, started doing this a month ago. We have had the battery tested many times, it was at the dealership for 10 days, and they had no issues with it starting, but one time. They said they suggest a new starter, but can't guarantee that will fix the problem. We picked the truck up on TThurs afternoon, I drove it to work Friday morning, to home fri afternoon and to run an errand, it sat for about 1.5 hours, husband went to start it and it wouldn't start. We do know the battery is draining while sitting, but we're told that the truck should be able to start with the battery voltage at 11 or 12, which it will not start at, bur there have been no answers from the dealership at all. Very disappointed right now, as we have a truck for more than half the month has not been available for us to drive with no answers from the dealership. Also wanted to mention, we were using the remote start, but stopped after we finally got it back

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I suggest that you purchase a battery maintainer & plug it in for those times that you won't be using it for 6 or more hours

shopping

shopping

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@klm2015 the truck should be able to sit over a week without the battery so weak it can't start. Find a good shop that specialize in starters and alternators, have them test the battery along with the starter or just replace the battery to eliminate it as the problem.