2020 Camping season.....over before it starts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
We got to camp the first week of April, before they shut down our state parks. Unfortunately we did see some larger groups all hanging out together, which is really what people do when they camp with relatives. I didnt care, but I think the rangers ratted them out to their management. Hence our parks in the state are closed too . This sucks.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Lol I feel your pain. Some of my yard is ok, but I've got a whole lot of spongy areas and some standing water in spots...it's going to be like an obstical course mowing today and avoiding the real soft areas....

Typical spring as you said

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We had reserved a site at a lake In the Sierra foothills at the beginning of the year for a week in mid-March, a week before the official shutdown. Got there just as the Parks Dept was closing down the campgrounds, Ranger let us in as we had a reservation but stated nobody else would get in. Got to the campground and there's three other sites occupied out of 100 and nobody closer that 500 yards to us. In fact we could only see one other trailer. By day three we were all alone, sweet! Had four more days all by ourselves, never saw anyone else to include the Ranger. Broke all the rules lol, dogs never saw a leash, parked on and fished from the boat ramp, ran generator whenever I wanted to. Totally weird but super cool and peaceful, will never happen again i'm sure.

Campsite
mcclure2.jpg

Nearest camper
mcclure3.jpg

Lake view
20200319_143526_resized.jpg

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We had reserved a site at a lake In the Sierra foothills at the beginning of the year for a week in mid-March, a week before the official shutdown. Got there just as the Parks Dept was closing down the campgrounds, Ranger let us in as we had a reservation but stated nobody else would get in. Got to the campground and there's three other sites occupied out of 100 and nobody closer that 500 yards to us. In fact we could only see one other trailer. By day three we were all alone, sweet! Had four more days all by ourselves, never saw anyone else to include the Ranger. Broke all the rules lol, dogs never saw a leash, parked on and fished from the boat ramp, ran generator whenever I wanted to. Totally weird but super cool and peaceful, will never happen again i'm sure.

Campsite
View attachment 202877

Nearest camper
View attachment 202878

Lake view
View attachment 202879
You're not social distancing enough!

(Sorry, what is sarcasm font around here?)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L

Campsite
View attachment 202877

Nearest camper
View attachment 202878

Lake view
View attachment 202879

Absolutely beautiful man! That's awesome! Yes I'm sure that was a once in a lifetime experience. I'd have loved that.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just called a local CG where we like to go and they said that they are hoping to be open by mid May. Hopefully we will be camping this year.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I just got an email from my county campground (Lighthouse Park, Port Hope Michigan), they will open May 15th. The usual opening date is April 15th. Not a big deal since our rolling into spring temperatures have been well below normal.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Well, that's good news guys. Thanks. Let's hope that holds true.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Got this from another site, got a laugh out of it......

My wife has been so depressed because of coronavirus and I am really worried. So I promised her that once this quarantine is over we will take a really special camping trip!

Today I bought a map of the United States, hung it in the kitchen, gave her a dart and said "sweetheart, wherever the dart lands will be our holiday destination"!

When this is all over, it looks like we will be spending two beautiful weeks behind the refrigerator.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Lol! Too funny !

oldguy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In NH the Governor has closed beaches, hotels and most everything else but said he may open campgrounds. While I do want to go camping I don't think I want to mix with all the people coming up from MA and Conn. which have very high numbers of people sick. My wife and I are in the high risk group. Younger people may be able to risk it but we can't.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Here's a good "campin" spot.... :)

P8090037.jpg
Wow that is absolutely beautiful. Where is that? No issues with social distancing there!

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
In NH the Governor has closed beaches, hotels and most everything else but said he may open campgrounds. While I do want to go camping I don't think I want to mix with all the people coming up from MA and Conn. which have very high numbers of people sick. My wife and I are in the high risk group. Younger people may be able to risk it but we can't.

Unfortunately I think your making a wise decision. I heard something about campgrounds opening up here on may 15, but it's the shower house/ restrooms that concern me. We have to use them, no full hook ups and my tt is old.

The unfortunate fact is a lot of people do not have good hygiene. They didn't before this crisis and I'm sure many of them still will not even after this crisis. It may be a long time before I'm comfortable going again. Ie no or very few new reported daily cases or a vaccine is released. But that's just me.

I'm fortunate and blessed to have over 3 acres of land so sometimes when we go camping I feel more crowded then I do at home...lol. It's still fun, but has lost some of the attraction since we purchased this property.

slim chance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 eTorque
it looks like "King Wolf" has opened camping for private campgrounds in Pa so you can play golf or fish

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I think that's on Friday, correct? I saw the private campgrounds were to open Friday.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I might end up camping in PA since NJ doesn't look like we're opening anytime soon. I just wonder if PA state police would hassle us because of NJ plates. I wish our governor would open up the state in sections. Here in SNJ we have far less cases. They are mostly in NNJ because of NY and their idiotic mayor and governor.