2020 ecodiesel maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParamG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hey guys so what do I need to do for my truck ?

It's my first diesel its at almost 9000km but oil life says 49 percent how far is it safe to take this?

My jetta needs a fuel filter every other oil change (15000km intervals) and every 3rd oil change i need the dsg transmission service?

What does the ecodiesel require ?

Can't find my manual the wife was cleaning so just trying to find out here

When to do fuel filter ?
Is their a equivalent transmission oil change like the jetta ?

Also is their a pollen filter ? My jetta needs this every 30k too
I have 8 free mopar oil changes included with my purchase just trying to make the most of them lol

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Not 100% positive on the 5th generation Ram Ecodiesel, but my '17 went about 8000 miles before the oil change light would come on. Fuel filter change was every 20k miles. Filter on the 4th gen was located under the truck between the gas tank and rear axle.

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Hey guys so what do I need to do for my truck ?

It's my first diesel its at almost 9000km but oil life says 49 percent how far is it safe to take this?

My jetta needs a fuel filter every other oil change (15000km intervals) and every 3rd oil change i need the dsg transmission service?

What does the ecodiesel require ?

Can't find my manual the wife was cleaning so just trying to find out here

When to do fuel filter ?
Is their a equivalent transmission oil change like the jetta ?

Also is their a pollen filter ? My jetta needs this every 30k too
I have 8 free mopar oil changes included with my purchase just trying to make the most of them lol

Well my old air cooled VW required oil change and valve adjustment every 1500 miles. Cannot compare maintenance requirements to these new age vehicles which have much more spread out service intervals. Better oil, better filtering, better cooling in the engine, better materials etc. Good thing too as I imagine a dealer oil change on the Ecodiesel is $500. That is what Sprinter diesel oil change costs at Mercedes and it is $800 for a diesel Porsche Cayenne.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Follow what the OLM monitor states but don't exceed 12 months or 16K km(10K miles) unless you run B5 or higher, then no more than 6 months or 13K km(8K miles).
Fuel filter every other oil change, unless you want to do it with every one. There was a guy from Canada that went 100K on his original fuel filter, not that I would reci that but I think the fuel quality is a little better in Canada.
There have been countless oil analysis done on the Gen2 EcoDiesel and all of them stated the oil was still good at 10K miles. I would imagine the Gen3 EcoD will test out the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ParamG

ParamG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I think I'm gonna change the oil once the monitor hits 25 percent its 9700km and sitting at 41 percent

I read from a dodge website that the fuel filter is reccomended at 30000 miles ?

Thats like 40000 km lol

Is there a sensor for the fuel filter ? My friends high country has one just wondering

I just wanna get the most out of the oil first 8 oil changes are free with my package

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I would probably use the maintenance schedule provided by whomever is honoring your warranty.

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go by your owners manual and you’ll be fine. All the info is in there. If you wanna drop the oil for the first time a little early it can’t hurt.