2020 Powerwagon Uconnect 12' screen issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Attila

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 RAM Powerwagon with the Uconnect 12-inch screen option. I have taken the truck to my local dealer three times for the screen freezing, losing connection, or rebooting and going black. The dealership has updated my system twice. This last time after showing them the black screen, they let me know there was nothing they could do and asked me to pick up the truck.

I have opened a case number with the headquarters and was surprised to get a phone call telling me that since the dealership has not seen or cannot reproduce the problem, the issue cannot be fixed. This is completely untrue. All three times, they were shown the problem, and they were able to reproduce the problem the second time I took the truck to them.
I also mentioned how there were several other people having this same issue reading the forums, and they let me know that they could not verify the authenticity of what was on the forums.

Have any of you experienced this type of problem? I feel like they do not want to fix a known issue. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
A

Attila

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to go ahead and take the opportunity and update this post. I was given my truck back, and RAM headquarters closed the ticket. They RESOLVED NOTHING and indicated that it was a software issue between the IOS and Uconnect. This, however, is completely untrue because I also have an android phone, and it does the same thing disconnects or goes completely blank.

Can anyone advise here on any other steps I can take? Shouldn't there be a lawsuit by now with all of these Uconnect issues that everyone is having and not being resolved?

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Had this same trouble with my 2019 pm me for details

grayghost07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a 2020 Big Horn with a 12" touch screen and the navigation is frozen and the radio will change stations by its self.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was replaced 3 times before I got one that works, going on 6 months now. Knock on wood. I would say take a video of the issue and show the service manager/director. I had a great dealer to work with and on the last replacement he brought out the tech to look at my video. No need for them to try and reproduce the issue as it was clearly on video in front of them.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Great idea on videoing the issues. We have been through an issue recently with uConnect support too. It can be very frustrating, but all you can do is keep after it. Get the video and send it to the rep. Keep taking the truck back to the dealer to fix. Don't let them wear you down.

badal38257

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've owned my 2020 Rebel (all stock and 41k miles) for about 2 weeks. Last night on the way home, the 12" screen was blank. Nothing we did would revive it. When I got home I tried one of the reboot sequences (that i think now is not correct), holding power and tune for 10 seconds and it did nothing. I disconnected the battery overnight and it came on when I started this morning. I haven't checked the software version yet, but was hoping someone here already had a good fix. From what I can tell researching this morning, there aren't any good solutions. I looked for more threads on this and didn't find any. If there are some, I would appreciate someone pointing them out.

Last edited:

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted to go ahead and take the opportunity and update this post. I was given my truck back, and RAM headquarters closed the ticket. They RESOLVED NOTHING and indicated that it was a software issue between the IOS and Uconnect. This, however, is completely untrue because I also have an android phone, and it does the same thing disconnects or goes completely blank.

Can anyone advise here on any other steps I can take? Shouldn't there be a lawsuit by now with all of these Uconnect issues that everyone is having and not being resolved?
@RamCares on stuff like this, you will quite possibly get some better results.

The dealership will do anything they can to weasel out of their responsibility, you usually have to ride up the ladder. Mine tried to tell me if I didn't purchase the oil change coverage at signing it "may" void the warranty. I don't respond as intended to veiled threats like this and flatly refused and told them I only trust myself on work that is not warranty.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@RamCares on stuff like this, you will quite possibly get some better results.

The dealership will do anything they can to weasel out of their responsibility, you usually have to ride up the ladder. Mine tried to tell me if I didn't purchase the oil change coverage at signing it "may" void the warranty. I don't respond as intended to veiled threats like this and flatly refused and told them I only trust myself on work that is not warranty.
Hello SwitcherLP,

Should you wish to discuss this further, please send us a PM.

William
Ram Cares