2020 Ram 12” display not working when cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSFRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, I have a 2020 Ram Rebel, screen will not function when it’s cold, have taken to local dealer multiple times. Tell them what is wrong and never gets fixed. Last time they replaced the radio when I insisted it was the display itself. This has been happening since new. Any known fix or advice?

bdressel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Dealing with same on my 2022 2500 Limited. Screen is blank/dead but control on sides work okay. Troubleshooting indicates happens when it is 50 degrees +/- or lower. Later after it has warmed up the screen and all works fine. Have had many mornings when its just me and the diesel going to work. Dealership is unable to fix twice and says RAM is aware and an update is coming. I'm not holding my breath. Very upset.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A SW update is very unlikely to fix a cold weather only issue. I worked at debugging electronic circuit cards for a few years. Heat/cold related failures can be a bugger to figure out. Take a video when it happens and push your dealer to replace the unit.