Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SewerRat563

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Gas Etorque
My truck: 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 5.7L V8 Etorque Motor.

so I know it is common for the manifolds bolts to break or the manifold itself to crack. so knowing this I am looking for a non cast iron option that doesn't need need to be tuned when done. I have looked and found this header but can't find one review on it so also looking for reviews on aFe power twisted steel header. Part Number:48-32023. im not looking for super gains or to redo my whole exhaust line.

if it is recommended to put in the twisted steel header on. would it be ok to add MBRP XP series High Flow replacement muffler? will it screw up my O2 sensor? or can I put on Flowmaster Outlaw Direct-fit Muffler? it is ok to combine the header with the muffler. will either muffler mess up the O2 sensor? or heck is there another option I should look into.

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s an oxygen sensor, you should be okay with any or no muffler. I didn’t confirm your part number but any quality shorty will do the job.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No , I have ARH long tubes on mine . Search this site as lots of people run them on here , I’m Sure there are favorites.

OP
OP
S

SewerRat563

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Gas Etorque
thank you I did go with the aFe short tube headers and the replacement muffler. time will tell how they going to be but sounds mean but not overly loud. now I am just on the fence if I should go with a CAI as well

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It depends on your reason for getting a CAI. Generally, CAI's don't provide much if any performance benefit. The stock intake is a factory CAI, and flows quite well. The exception may be an OTR style, but even then I'm not convinced there is really any gain there. They certainly change the sound that comes from the engine bay, and can make the truck seem to have benefited from it. My advice is, if you're looking for something you can really feel, you might want to look into a pedal controller instead of a CAI. It doesn't add any horsepower but it really feels like it does.

OP
OP
S

SewerRat563

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Gas Etorque
I’m seeing since I put in new manifolds and a less restrictive muffler if I need CAI to compensate the the out of exhaust I am now letting out. I guess I’m not looking for a cai to help with gains just looking if I need to change my air intake for what I changed on the exhaust