Anyone else having issues with bad 12” U-connect system

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomRF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
image.jpg I’ve seen other threads with people who’ve had issues with the 12” U-connect screen. As of now, I have 17k on my truck. I’ve taken it to the dealership 14 times starting at 1250mi all the way through 14.5k mi. They swapped the radio out twice and replaced the original radio with two refurbished radios, and the problems (ie: frozen volume, radio stations and SiriusXM, GPS, Nav, Bluetooth and phone all stop working. The screen has also gone completely black where I can’t access climate control etc too). Finally at 14.5k I took the truck in for the 14th time (I’ve made video documentation everytime U-connect malfunctioned), and Huntington Beach Ram told me there’s nothing they can do. So I called Benjamin
800-654-2486 Ext. 1001 at Ram customer care in Michigan. I sent him all the work orders from Huntington Beach Ram, San Diego Ram with the video clips I made of the radio malfunctioning showing the mileage and date. He said he was going to send my case to be reviewed. He got back to me a week later and said there was nothing they could do to address my problem. I told him I paid over 55k with taxes for this truck and Ram can’t do anything to address the radio that’s been malfunctioning since before 900mi brand new? And he said “sorry”. Is anyone else getting the run around from Ram on their crappy radios and terrible customer service? I used to buy Toyota Trucks, but thought I’d start buying Ram to support our unions and American workers, but it doesn’t seem like Dodge, Chrysler, Ram cares about returning the favor of taking care of their customers.

Terrie Runnels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes!! I purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 last July. Have had radio replaced twice and in shop several times. Called Chrysler about it in December. I was told they knew about the problem (and my dealership has several customers with the same problem) and they were working on a software fix that they expected to me out in mid Feb. Now it is mid April and still no fix. I want to check into a class action against Chrysler.

OP
OP
TomRF

TomRF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Sorry you’re having the same issues with yours. Obviously Chrysler doesn’t seem to care much about return customers. I contacted a Law Firm in Michigan this morning that already has a class action lawsuit against Chrysler for their faulty U-connect system on Chrysler vehicles other than the Ram. Waiting on a callback from one of the attorney’s handling the case. Will let you know what I find out after I talk with them.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
OP
OP
TomRF

TomRF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Thanks for the heads up on that Riccochet. I previously spoke with a lemon law attorney (they said I have a good case). However they said I was looking at paying at least $4k for attorney fees which in my opinion Ram should pay. I’ll give BBB a shout and see if they can help me out. Thanks again for the advice, I really appreciate it.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Did you file the complaint online with the Texas DMV from the link I posted previously? The filing fee is $35. Under the "Complaint Process" tab it walks you through it. The DMV folks review the complaint and work to start he mediation process. If mediation fails, they will schedule an administrative hearing. The hearing examiner will then issue a final decision. We had something similar in Maryland and I went through it. If the hearing examiner decides in your favor, the manufacturer rarely challenges the decision since they know they would have an uphill battle in court. GM bought the car back from me at full purchase price. GM tried to say depreciated value was fair but the examiner told them it took 18 months because you dragged your feet.

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2491781/

18MegaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Getting refunded full purchase price does not seem like a very good deal right now, seeing as most trucks are selling at MSRP or above. I couldn't replace my truck now for what I paid for it two years ago.

Watson120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes!! I purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 last July. Have had radio replaced twice and in shop several times. Called Chrysler about it in December. I was told they knew about the problem (and my dealership has several customers with the same problem) and they were working on a software fix that they expected to me out in mid Feb. Now it is mid April and still no fix. I want to check into a class action against Chrysler.
I have a 2020 with 12” display. I had the unit replaced once aprox 6 months ago for the XM freezing up. Now it is starting to do it again. This obviously a fairly common issue based on the threads. My Dealer has been good resolving this so far.

eladiogomes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
One more, different truck, 3500 diesel dually, 12" screen. Black screen every once in a while. Virginia, bought in Jan 11 and now has about 11k miles. I don't know about the lemon law! Anyone cares to explain?