2020 RAM 2500 6.4L - Loud tick even after lifter replacement at 19K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimrobert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello RAM Forum,

First off this is my first RAM purchase so I'm new to the RAM 6.4L hemi engine and all its glory and not so glorious issues. At around 7K miles my engine developed a loud ticking noise (see video). I took it to the dealer and they said it was "normal" ( I have this in writing from the dealership). After another 12K miles and at least 2 trips back to the dealership and evidence of the issue they finally decided to replace the lifters. I was hopeful for a day as the noise went away. On day 2 after replacement the noise returned and to my untrained ear sounds louder than before. After may discussions with the dealership service manager and the regional representative for FCA, who didn't hear anything "unusual", the FCA representative had my dealership add Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer to quit the engine noise. I heard no improvement in the engine noise. Now FCA is dragging it's feet on what to do next so I've turned to you great people to help me out.

1. Is there an issue with my engine?
or
2. I'm hearing noises that are "normal" for a RAM 6.4L hemi

YouTube Video of Noise after lifter replacement

YouTube Video after Lucas Stabilizer

Come on FCA...fix my engine!!!

Please help me out HD RAM forum members. Blow this up so

The Hemi should not have ticking noises, especially at 7k on the speedometer.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The HC pump isnt needed on a stock cam or stage 1 cam .

Doesn't it help lubrication of the lifters? Higher flow/pressure? I understand bumping idle rpm up to legacy 750 helps also, but HC oil pump helps @ all rpms.