2020 Ram Power Wagon Recent Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Rico is around 9,000 feet in elevation. Bring a very big snow shovel or a backhoe.

I've winter camped at Hovenweep which is warmer. McPhee Reservoir isn't so accommodating due to everything is closed off including any easy lake access.
We camped near Rico in Dec 20. If the temps/snow are too much we'll move down and camp near Cortez. We are flexible and not willing to become a statistic, lol.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Hovenweep/Canyons of the Ancients has some backcountry 4x4 trails to get one access to the ruins. Pretty neat place since you probably see very few to no other visitors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Hovenweep/Canyons of the Ancients has some backcountry 4x4 trails to get one access to the ruins. Pretty neat place since you probably see very few to no other visitors.
Thanks we will look for it. Appreciate the advice and recommendations.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Except for the buried car Rico's looking good! Population of 207. Dang, that's 1/2 the population of our mountain town.

145N04685CAM1RHS-S.jpg

Last edited:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I get a thrill having to stop for a new stoplight that's just 26 miles away near our new Maverick gas station. I mean that's big city stuff and it's getting closer!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Our campsite is a few miles south of Rico, just off the hwy next to a nice creek. Hopefully it will warm a little in 4-5 days.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our campsite is a few miles south of Rico, just off the hwy next to a nice creek. Hopefully it will warm a little in 4-5 days.
I saw Rico and was thinking Rio Grande area till I realized U were talking about Colorado, LMAO.

THAT is just one fine looking ride.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

The Rico forecast low tonight is nothing or 0F. That's warmer than minus, but even our Huskies aren't comfortable within the pop-out tent of our travel trailer in low temperatures. Stay warm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
I saw Rico and was thinking Rio Grande area till I realized U were talking about Colorado, LMAO.

THAT is just one fine looking ride.
Thank you sir! It looks like we entered the Army and retired the same year. I entered Oct 76 and retired Nov 96.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
The Rico forecast low tonight is nothing or 0F. That's warmer than minus, but even our Huskies aren't comfortable within the pop-out tent of our travel trailer in low temperatures. Stay warm.
Thank you sir. In a few days the Temps may allow for camping. I'm currently using hotel points earned from a previous job.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
I saw Rico and was thinking Rio Grande area till Il realized U were talking about Colorado, LMAO.

THAT is just one fine looking rid
Thank you sir!
Looks like a chilly time to camp!
We continued to camp until the Temps went -0. The problem is all of our food and water freezing versus us getting too cold.