2020 Ram Power Wagon Recent Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Thanks a ton for the pictures.....first ones I have found that show how they mount on the upper part. One more question is are they bolted to the bed at all? I can see where installation would take a little bit of time just because of all the holes and rivets.

Fortunately my entire family is pretty tall so not too worried about steps.
The slider portion at the bed has no attachments. All attachements are at the cab. The advantage of RE sliders is they fit very flush and clean. For my purpose of camping and overlanding, and of them being in stock and less expensive, they were a good choice. If I was building a rock crawler with heavy duty off road goals, frame mounted sliders might have been my choice.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
My dethloff mfg bedrack will be shipping soon. I plan on putting a bundutec rooftop tent on the rack. The bundutec tent is my choice because all bedding can stay inside and it raises and lowers with an electric motor. I have to carry a stepladder with this truck and Im trying to not need it as much as possible, lol. Im leaning towards a couple of 23 zero 180 awnings to mount on each side of the Rhino rack. They are small awnings but Im thinking two smaller awnings might be better than on big 270 awning attached at the tent.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Most of the time cans are empty. As Grand Mesa said out west or in the Big Bend area, extra fuel is peace of mind.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Thanks a ton for the pictures.....first ones I have found that show how they mount on the upper part. One more question is are they bolted to the bed at all? I can see where installation would take a little bit of time just because of all the holes and rivets.

Fortunately my entire family is pretty tall so not too worried about steps.
20220106_121045.jpg

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
The sliders over the bed area have no attachment points.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sliders over the bed area have no attachment points.
you should set up a gopro on the box and watch how close the rail comes to the box when offroading..I am sure Randy Ellis has tested it numerous times but still would be curious.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
In my opinion it's not a concern but is a design element of the sliders being body/cab mounted versus frame mounted. Every mod I've added to the truck has the same type of trade offs.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I wondered why the spare tire was mounted on the right side where it completely blocks the interior mirror.
I guess it does not really matter because Ram puts those huge headrests on the rear seat

I really like the Bedslide, i had custom tool box & tray made for mine

1641775747384.png

1641775857761.png

1641775943020.png

1641776015159.png

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Very nice set up with your tool boxes! I could have had the spare mounted on the other side but passenger side was the most common.

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What did you do for the backup camera? Ive been looking at the rear bumpers with swing outs and still want my camera to work. Just curious if you made it work? I know expedition one has camera relocate but the bumper is another grand.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
A camera relocation kit is $80 or so from Amazon. I haven't done it yet but plan to do so.