2021 1500 Big Horn Dash Display not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lauren Copes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
New to the forum and looking for advice. Just bought a 2021 1500 Big Horn (my first Ram) and love it! BUT....in the first week the dash display started acting strange. It would just be a white screen and then while driving it would slowly turn gray and then show up. I called the dealership and took it by. It of course had started coming on while I drove there so was there but very dim when he looked at it. Said it got a "key code" so he suggested I go home and try both keys. It didn't work at all. I called and then took it back by there and he said it didn't have any codes. He said they would need to keep it for a few days until a technician could look at it. He was going to check with the sales guys to see when I could bring it and get something else to drive. Sooo - I never heard back, it's been 2 1/2 weeks. Called again today and service guy(he's trying to help!) said sales has nothing I can drive. Did I mention I've tried to call my sales rep a LOT with no luck!
Anyway - just trying to figure out if this is something that is a known issue? Anything I can do? I love the truck but it's not safe to drive like this as now it doesn't come on at all most of the time, and did I mention it is BRAND NEW? Any help would be amazing!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you try to move the dial knobs, Next to the Auto headlight switch, roll it to the + position, maybe thats why your dash lights don't work properly.

OP
OP
Lauren Copes

Lauren Copes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for viewing and replying! My dash lights work, but the actual display in the middle is the issue. Attached pic......sometimes just a blank white screen and sometimes nothing. I will still look at what you mentioned though!

Attachments

• RAM dash.jpg
    RAM dash.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Push the dealer service department harder. This is warranty and should be addressed quickly. Also, let them know if they don't have a loaner then have them arrange for a rental.

If they don't respond quickly then open a case with Ram directly. [ @RamCares ]

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had same problem with my 2012 Laramie the very day I picked it up at the dealer, I pulled it into their shop got out and said fix this aim not taking it home . They looked and found a short (THEY SAID) and it was fixed but I think they just re-flashed it but I have had no more problems with it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Being brand new, maybe they did not take it fully out of SHIP Mode
Do all the Climate Control controls work as they should
How about the radio
Have you looked into the Radios menu settings

OP
OP
Lauren Copes

Lauren Copes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi and yes, all other controls are working with no issues. I did hear back and they are planning to fix it next week. Will post here when I know more! Thanks all!

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeeaaah, brand new truck and the dealer is giving you the run around? I'd be all over them like stink on $hit. I get they have other customers and may be busy but to basically ignore you for a couple weeks is just unacceptable. I'm glad they finally got back to you and set you up with an appointment but make sure you stay on your toes with that dealer and maybe find a different dealer to work with in the future. You'll also be getting survey's via email regarding your experience with the dealer after your service has been completed. I would highly recommend filling them out and submitting them. My dealer seems to "fears" those survey's but they have been good with me so far so I havent submitted a negative review yet. Good luck and keep us posted

OP
OP
Lauren Copes

Lauren Copes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update! My truck is fixed! So while the sales guys were NO help, the service guy really made things happen. The instrument cluster had to be replaced and had to leave the truck with them. He’d said it could be a week or more to get it but it came in 3 days and they fixed it immediately! So happy to have my truck in full working order and I want to thank Tyler in the service dept for saving the day!!