2021 5.7L Hemi Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Getting ready to go throw another $50k to FCA tomorrow and dealing with slippery, fast talking sales dudes is not my thing. I could use some feedback, and I hope its cool to post this here, if not I'll take it down, because this is not a RAM, my wife aint that cool (lol) This is for a 2021 trail hawk Jeep.

I'll get right to it.

2021 Trailhawk 4x4, Loaded. From leather heated/cooled seats, blind spot, ACC, 5.7L hemi, off-road pages, Mopar Sliders, Pano moon roof, bla bla bla. Ill post the window sticker if it matters.

For trade in we have 2015 Grand Cherokee. 120k mi excellent shape, non-mds 5.7hemi, 8 speed, and fully loaded in 2015, leather seats, hot n cold, hot steering wheel. Bla. I have a couple collage pics we sent to dealer. I cant post, its in excellent condition serviced by me, Blackstone told us to take her OCI to 16,000mi because there is no wear in her 5w-30 Redline lube drain, even when oci was 12,000mi.

Msrp - $57,090 on sale with incentives (cant get a list of which ones from the dealer) for $51,000 + fees (??) Wth.

I know its a 2021, and here we are end of the year, end of the month, probably not a whole lot more room for negotiations in my mind. I dont particularly like the added fees, destination and doc fees, close to $2k total for the two.

Giving us $15,000 for the 2015. We asked for $16,000 but they didn't budge.

I read posts where some of you get quite incredible deals, often on the previous year's model but sometimes on the new year as well. Are the added fees something dealers waive at times? Are there any other negotiable dollars wrapped up in that $51k price that I can work to see how motivated they are?

Tia.

20201221_165756.jpg20201221_163805.jpg

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just a bad time to be buying. Parts in short supply all over the place is keeping inventory of many vehicles low. If you want a deal and don't need a vehicle right away, i would not jump on first one you see. Search inventory database and be open to different options. I bout 2018 Ram in October 2019 and got $12k total off, and that was Tradesman which is lowest trim. You're not going to get best deal on 2021, look for 2020 or even the unicorn new 2019. Good luck.

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some banks/credit union offer buying service for free. The give you an estimated dealer cost so you negotiate. Military first responders discounts or gov/state employee. Some insurance discounts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I'm looking for a glut of new vehicles, and prices to get better after the effects of these Government mandated economic tsunami's kick in.

Killing the middle class should also drop housing prices because there will be far less people who can afford them.

I'd wait till next summer to buy anything large.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I'm looking for a glut of new vehicles, and prices to get better after the effects of these Government mandated economic tsunami's kick in.

Killing the middle class should also drop housing prices because there will be far less people who can afford them.

I'd wait till next summer to buy anything large.

The strange thing is that home buying is booming. It is a crazy world.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Non-MDS Hemi in your Jeep? Are we sure about that?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The strange thing is that home buying is booming. It is a crazy world.

Yep, agreed - I own a company directly tied to it (home inspections) and we are booming right now. Especially strange for this time of year. Mid-December to Mid-January is historically the slowest time of year by far.

As for the OP, I agree this isn't the best time to buy a vehicle. 20% off MSRP for a Ram/Jeep is usually considered to be a decent deal but that seems to be unheard of lately.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Msrp - $57,090 on sale with incentives (cant get a list of which ones from the dealer) for $51,000 + fees (??) Wth.

I know its a 2021, and here we are end of the year, end of the month, probably not a whole lot more room for negotiations in my mind. I dont particularly like the added fees, destination and doc fees, close to $2k total for the two.

I wouldn't buy a pogo stick from someone acting like that, let alone drop $50k+.

You know they are shady and you know you are going to get screwed. Are you so emotionally invested in the not-yet-yours Jeep you're going to ignore the warning sounds in your own head that made you post that?

OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Non-MDS Hemi in your Jeep? Are we sure about that?
Hmmmm, no not entirely, its hers and I just noticed it didn't have the eco mode displayed (not the exact samething, I know). And I may have drawn an improper conclusion, especially now that you have me focused on it. Im not sure what other reason , other good reason, that I was thinking that.

I dont get in it unless I have to, we take my wagon everytime, doesn't matter where we're going, Arizona or the grocery store, so it is entirely possible she's been 4-bang'n along and never cared or noticed, I made an ass outta me any way.

Is that an improbable configuration maybe even never produced? Of course I could have read it on the owners manual cover and I wouldn't remember. (If one were made) lol

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Not off the production floor.
Check 8th digit of VIN. If it’s 2 then MDS equipped.
I'm thinking I was entirely wrong about it being non mds and my envy over the last couple years was entirely misplaced. Lol.

The vin is going to be someone else's. Ill see if I can find documentation around that has the vin, but as of now. I retract the 2015 NonMDS spec and it was MDS equipped.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Christmas time is the most advantageous for any car dealership, especially if you’re buying the newest models available, if you wait until after you’ll increase your chances of a better deal. The wrong attitude of the salesman would turn me away, in 2009 the arrogant attitude of the Ford salesman turned me away, wouldn’t drop off the MSRP, said “we didn’t get bailed out, go buy a Chevy or Dodge”. So I bought my Ram with $12400 off MSRP, will never buy a Ford again. About the MDS, I know I can turn off the fuel saver light on the dash in settings, I guess if you hear the drone, you have MDS?

Kevin

jerm53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my 2019 1500 warlock on dec. 31st 2019/2020, try again then they might get desperate for a sale, if not I'd hold off the there isn't much room to negotiate right now too much supply not enough demand, also I think it cost them alot to have high inventories..

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Bought our 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited at the end of October I think, sticker was 46$ could only get them down to 40k.
Dont seem to budge much on them atleast around here.

20201210_112813.jpg

20201206_114528.jpg

cash4acres

4lb pompano
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L,660ftLbs=G56 Manual 6 speed
WTF you're NUTS!!

7-9 months old = 30-40% off!

Just search for your package with a loan on it & 7-9 months old.

I got my 2015 2500 for $29 vs $55k by paying off the loan when oil was $24/barrel and the oil company was behind in payments, AKA in default.

Or have a litigation paralegal walk around with you for $50-75/ hour and ask all types of legal questions then whisper into your ear. The DRAMA-STRESS to the dealership (stealership) will be funny! Introducing the paralegal as "Legal counsel" is not lying

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A lot of people tend to exaggerate their deals on the forums so take it with a grain of salt unless they are posting their deal sheet.
Try carvana for your current rig. They are giving stupid prices on buying used. I sold a 2018 Jeep Renegade to them for $3k more than I paid for it due to pandemic shortage. It was crazy as the dealer wouldn’t even come close for trade.
They came and picked it up in my driveway and handed me a check.

just saw you got your Jeep, congrats it’s a nice color.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
WTF you're NUTS!!

7-9 months old = 30-40% off!

Just search for your package with a loan on it & 7-9 months old.

I got my 2015 2500 for $29 vs $55k by paying off the loan when oil was $24/barrel and the oil company was behind in payments, AKA in default.

Or have a litigation paralegal walk around with you for $50-75/ hour and ask all types of legal questions then whisper into your ear. The DRAMA-STRESS to the dealership (stealership) will be funny! Introducing the paralegal as "Legal counsel" is not lying
You lost me right after " NUTS", lol

Actually get the 7-9 months old with our specs. But I don't think Its that easy. I might be wrong, She did the shopping and she's somewhat of a Shopping Wizard. We didn't Just think 'Hey let's go by a 2021', We grabbed it due to lack of any kind of Grand Cherokee with a 5.7L in inventory.

Here's her 'musts' and 'preferred'spec;
5.7L, Heated /cooled seats-(must have)

Blue or Green, heated steering, blind spot-(preferred)

Seems simple enough, I know, but 12 months of fairly diligent searching and she came up with very little if anything from 2019 or 2020. Were in CO, don't know what her range was.

So there's your challenge, find me a jeep, her specs, your price '18 to '20. Next time she's giving me a load a noise about my engine build or gas mileage, I'll have this in my back pocket, gently hand it over to her, then quietly go finish my 6.4 build. Lol

Seriously, though,, Show me that of which you speak.

Merry Christmas all!!