2021 5.7L Hemi Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^One of many, many reasons I never remarried.

My last 2 vehicles, I ordered. I got exactly what I wanted. Paid cash. Doesn't get any simpler.

osprey92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would have Kernersville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (31dodge.com) and Dave Smith Dodge (davesmith.com) give you quotes on a new jeep, out the door, no trade. Take the lowest and pull $500 off that price (Kernersville did for me and flew me in to pickup; ~ 30% off sticker). See if your dealer will match. From there you can decide trade/no trade.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
Here's my thoughts on buying a new Jeep. I DEEPLY REGRET buying my two 2020 Cherokees. Learn from my MISTAKES. My 1st 2020 Cherokee was a lemon and my 2nd 2020 Cherokee was not built right and neither Jeep or the selling dealer Bob Poynter Columbus will make it right . BUYER BEWARE do NOT BUY a Cherokee or trust a Jeep dealer. MAKE sure any promises are in writing . I did not and I am PAYING for it. After buying four FCA vehicles in a 16month period and being treated this way by Jeep I have bought my last new one from them.

eddie046

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting ready to go throw another $50k to FCA tomorrow and dealing with slippery, fast talking sales dudes is not my thing. I could use some feedback, and I hope its cool to post this here, if not I'll take it down, because this is not a RAM, my wife aint that cool (lol) This is for a 2021 trail hawk Jeep.

I'll get right to it.

2021 Trailhawk 4x4, Loaded. From leather heated/cooled seats, blind spot, ACC, 5.7L hemi, off-road pages, Mopar Sliders, Pano moon roof, bla bla bla. Ill post the window sticker if it matters.

For trade in we have 2015 Grand Cherokee. 120k mi excellent shape, non-mds 5.7hemi, 8 speed, and fully loaded in 2015, leather seats, hot n cold, hot steering wheel. Bla. I have a couple collage pics we sent to dealer. I cant post, its in excellent condition serviced by me, Blackstone told us to take her OCI to 16,000mi because there is no wear in her 5w-30 Redline lube drain, even when oci was 12,000mi.

Msrp - $57,090 on sale with incentives (cant get a list of which ones from the dealer) for $51,000 + fees (??) Wth.

I know its a 2021, and here we are end of the year, end of the month, probably not a whole lot more room for negotiations in my mind. I dont particularly like the added fees, destination and doc fees, close to $2k total for the two.

Giving us $15,000 for the 2015. We asked for $16,000 but they didn't budge.

I read posts where some of you get quite incredible deals, often on the previous year's model but sometimes on the new year as well. Are the added fees something dealers waive at times? Are there any other negotiable dollars wrapped up in that $51k price that I can work to see how motivated they are?

Tia.

View attachment 231445View attachment 231446

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................
Nice looking vehicle. My advice would be to avoid doing a dealer trade and just put it up for sale on Craigslist or your local auto trader. Dealers will try and low ball the hell out of you on trade ins.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I did when I bought my 2020 was contact a dealer about an hour and a half away via email ... we started back and forth and I ended up with their sales manager mailing me ... He quoted a price with a hefty price reduction ... I went to my local dealer who had a similar truck and showed them the quote ... After some back and forth they finally matched it ... While they were trying to make up their minds I also received an email from FCA with a $2000 loyalty bonus ... when they came to tell me they were matching the competitors price, I showed them the email I just received from FCA and I ended up with the loyalty bonus as well ... Talk about luck ... This occurred at the end of January 2020, since Christmas and New Years is usually a slow time for them and they want to make their end of month sales quota ... Picked up my new Longhorn of February 1 ...
Doesn't hurt to pit one dealer against another ....

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why the trailhawk? It has a lot of features that you probably, and seriously will rarely if ever use. If it’s the wife’s grocery getter even less reason. I got a Limited loaded, due to a supplier program with my company we get them 1% under invoice plus all incentives. They gave us 14,500.00 for a 2011 JGC Laredo X with the Hemi at 142k miles. Either go for lower trim (limited) or shop around. But remember all the little extra do dads cost u more upfront but don’t increase your trade on the next one as much.

OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Here's my thoughts on buying a new Jeep. I DEEPLY REGRET buying my two 2020 Cherokees. Learn from my MISTAKES. My 1st 2020 Cherokee was a lemon and my 2nd 2020 Cherokee was not built right and neither Jeep or the selling dealer Bob Poynter Columbus will make it right . BUYER BEWARE do NOT BUY a Cherokee or trust a Jeep dealer. MAKE sure any promises are in writing . I did not and I am PAYING for it. After buying four FCA vehicles in a 16month period and being treated this way by Jeep I have bought my last new one from them.
This is extremely unfortunate, bummed to hear, it will keep caution in my mind for sure. I was acutely aware of this possibility and when she did most of the deal remotely, I was prepared to drag her away from that new car smell if I felt any shady vibe coming from dealership or the car having a mechanical deficiency.

I'm not trying to rub salt on anything here, This Trailhawk jeep is one spectacular vehicle. I rate it the single nicest car I have ever driven, at least could go toe toe with any of the best vehicles I've driven. From the interior stitched leather, everywhere, to the smoothest sounding hemi, super tight steering and responsive suspension, it will hold its own.

We almost went toyota but I'd roll jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk again in a heartbeat. I think I am going to go jump into some early rush hour traffic right now

Its too bad that FCA doesn't make their dealerships step up to the plate when things don't work or vehicles have multiple significant failures. Most people don't expect a flawless vehicle but we all expect the manu to stand behind what they design and build. Lemon law lawyers are available, that thought does make one feel nauseous, but I think it would beat some other feelings that could be carried for a long time. I do wish you the best with it (both).

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

Last edited:

cash4acres

4lb pompano
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L,660ftLbs=G56 Manual 6 speed
Retired litigation paralegal (200 cases) and landlord (875 escrows). Any buyer with out an attorney in real estate is a whale.
At least bring a paralegal with contract experience along to F with the dealership.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
definately true with guns and ammo.

What ammo? It's even hard to find reloading components.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044780 miles.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
This is extremely unfortunate, bummed to hear, it will keep caution in my mind for sure. I was acutely aware of this possibility and when she did most of the deal remotely, I was prepared to drag her away from that new car smell if I felt any shady vibe coming from dealership or the car having a mechanical deficiency.

I'm not trying to rub salt on anything here, This Trailhawk jeep is one spectacular vehicle. I rate it the single nicest car I have ever driven, at least could go toe toe with any of the best vehicles I've driven. From the interior stitched leather, everywhere, to the smoothest sounding hemi, super tight steering and responsive suspension, it will hold its own.

We almost went toyota but I'd roll jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk again in a heartbeat. I think I am going to go jump into some early rush hour traffic right now

Its too bad that FCA doesn't make their dealerships step up to the plate when things don't work or vehicles have multiple significant failures. Most people don't expect a flawless vehicle but we all expect the manu to stand behind what they design and build. Lemon law lawyers are available, that thought does make one feel nauseous, but I think it would beat some other feelings that could be carried for a long time. I do wish you the best with it (both).

I should have added the 1st one did get bought back but I lost $1800 but at least it is gone somewhere. I just hope it didn't get resold but I bet it did. The second one is $2400 to get straightened out hence why I am finished with new FCA vehicles. If you are getting a Grand Cherokee they are "suppose" to be better than the Cherokee . Which now I have found out is on the top 37 worst vehicles as well as the top 20 Least reliable vehicle list. It will be driven until it lays down. It is a North Edition which is just under the Trailhawk which is why I bought them as a gift. I wanted something nice but only to do light offroading, unlike the Trailhawks design which is offroad ready.

OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Why the trailhawk? It has a lot of features that you probably, and seriously will rarely if ever use. If it’s the wife’s grocery getter even less reason. I got a Limited loaded, due to a supplier program with my company we get them 1% under invoice plus all incentives. They gave us 14,500.00 for a 2011 JGC Laredo X with the Hemi at 142k miles. Either go for lower trim (limited) or shop around. But remember all the little extra do dads cost u more upfront but don’t increase your trade on the next one as much.
I quizzed her and her reply was somewhat informed. This comes from a lady who picks her team to cheer for by who's ever "costume" she likes the best. And apparently the green metallic color is only available in the Trailhawk, not A deal breaker but a preferred color was green or blue. The tow package is standard on the TH and recovery hooks were an option not available on the Limited, but again not a deal breaker. She is giddy to have both and I seriously like the air suspension, will I use it, I dont know but it is another button to push and adds up to 2.4 inches of lift, so I see it being a possibility.

Honestly a Trailhawk or Limited would not have made any difference to her,, she'd be happy with either, but no v8 Limiteds were in a 100mi radius either.

She looked up the cost on a loaded Limited - $56k msrp, on sale for $54 (same as Trailhawk) but no cooled seats, other availables had no hemi. She wasnt wiggle'n on either. Her list of 'musts' seemed pretty straight forward to me but FCA can't seem to make enough.

OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Which now I have found out is on the top 37 worst vehicles as well as the top 20 Least reliable vehicle list.

Let me know where you read this, I look too but I may not find same reference. Was the grand on there? Do happen know how many vehicles were possible? Like 37th out of 38 not too bad, 37th out of 250 much more dismal. Total possible probably unknown.

"Top 20 most unreliable" thats just not a good place to read ones make and model.

Can almost guarantee the first one was resold to some unsuspecting customer, probably uncertified and top dollar.

So where do think you'll land next, which manufacture?

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
0320201246.jpg 1222181643.jpg As far as make and model . Personally I "plan" to stay with RAM and this is I hope to be my forever truck (#1) but then again my other (#2) 2019 RAM was suppose to be my forever truck as well. BUT after owning it 4 months and one day , a fellow wasn't watching the road and broke it and me as well. But on the upside I found another one like it. The broke one is the one in my avatar. As far as another SUV more than likely it will be a Honda CRV for 2 reasons. One I was a Honda mechanic and 2 because it is the top rated SUV right now. Down the road it probably will still be but time will tell. Also look at Edmunds and J.D. Powers and Consumer Reports. Sadly most Jeeps made these lists. After 2014 when Jeep sold to Fiat they started making garbage. But Fiat is known for lousy vehicles. Which surprised me because my other Jeeps are good vehicles. BUT they are pre 1995s.

15 New Cars To Avoid (forbes.com)

37 New Cars to Avoid – Page 7 – Forbes

Last edited: