2021 Big Horn Driver's Seat Cover - How To?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartinWiesiolek

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've searched for hours on instructions for replacing a torn driver's seat cover (fabric) on 2021 Big Horn. I have a Mopar OEM replacement. Can I install the cover without removing the seat? Has anyone seen any good videos on how-to? Help would be much appreciated.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s almost impossible to replace the bottom cover without removing the seat. You have a BigHorn with a power seat and I believe three motors with associated brackets and bars. A bunch of wiring and heating and cooling vent under the seat. I know just installing neoprene seat covers that the driver seat is a royal PITA to attach under there. The OEM cover is held on by hog rings. Small metal circles that are clamped in place by a special tool. The rings are pretty stout and do not bend into place easily. The cover is also stretched over the cushion so it would be difficult to get any sort of leverage with the seat in the truck even if all the power motors and wiring weren’t there. Remove the seat, detach the lower cushion and buy a hog ring tool. If you don’t want to go that route just take the lower cushion and replacement cover to an auto upholstery place, it’s a quick job for them. Taking the seat out will be fairly easy. Taking the seat apart to get the lower cushion off is not so easy but you’d be able to flip the whole seat upside down and make the repair with the whole seat intact out of the truck.

OP
OP
MartinWiesiolek

MartinWiesiolek

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Atcer2018 You are awesome! I appreciate you taking the time to explain and to write out your insights! That's exactly the kind of advice i was looking forward to. I love learning how to tinker with my new RAM so I will do it myself. I just ordered the hog ring tool. If I get totally stuck I will take the seat to the local upholstery shop. Thanks again!

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Atcer2018 You are awesome! I appreciate you taking the time to explain and to write out your insights! That's exactly the kind of advice i was looking forward to. I love learning how to tinker with my new RAM so I will do it myself. I just ordered the hog ring tool. If I get totally stuck I will take the seat to the local upholstery shop. Thanks again!
My pleasure Sir. Just sharing my experiences reupholstering an old Miata restoration and work I have done on a previous Mustang. I would do exactly as you have planned. Once the seat is removed you can always take it to a pro and eliminate the cost of them removing the seat. Removal is not difficult just awkward and tedious.