2021 Camping season...planning for the future.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We did a 2600 mile trip in the Adirondack Mountain State Park in upstate New York over to Niagra Falls and back home in 7 days. Kind of a rushed trip but we had a blast. If you've never been to the Adirondacks you owe it to yourself to do it. Made me understand why anyone I've met in my life that said they was from New York made sure they said "Upstate", I now know why!
Man, that’s a lot of driving in a week but always do whatever you can! We are retired so don’t have a schedule to keep. One of the few advantages to getting older! Our plan for next spring and summer is to head in that direction so we’ll make it a point to see that area. Plan on hitting the Michigan UP too, then west again. We didn’t get to North Dakota, much of Montana and other places. You made me laugh, all the people I knew in the Navy from NY always specified “upstate”.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Great stuff. Lord willing I make it to retirement someday and have the means to do it because like you, I plan on taking several months each year to tour the country and see all the things I've been wanting to. Not sure if at that point we'll do it in a Class A or 5th wheel, probably one of the two so we can do our laundry in the camper at our stops.

Who knows what shape our country will be in by then or if I'll live to retirement age, but it's fun to plan and dream anyway. I'm praying my wife and i can retire someday and are both physically in good shape if we make it there.

That mount Rushmore photo was just awesome and I want to see that someday, along with the Grand Canyon, old faithful, the golden gate bridge, the great arch at st Lewis, the Alamo, Las Vegas and just see the country in general. I dont care if I ever leave the us the rest of my life. There are so many beautiful areas to see and places to go.

We truly are fortunate and blessed to live in the greatest country on earth.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Great stuff. Lord willing I make it to retirement someday and have the means to do it because like you, I plan on taking several months each year to tour the country and see all the things I've been wanting to. Not sure if at that point we'll do it in a Class A or 5th wheel, probably one of the two so we can do our laundry in the camper at our stops.

Who knows what shape our country will be in by then or if I'll live to retirement age, but it's fun to plan and dream anyway. I'm praying my wife and i can retire someday and are both physically in good shape if we make it there.

That mount Rushmore photo was just awesome and I want to see that someday, along with the Grand Canyon, old faithful, the golden gate bridge, the great arch at st Lewis, the Alamo, Las Vegas and just see the country in general. I dont care if I ever leave the us the rest of my life. There are so many beautiful areas to see and places to go.

Same here, hope to see all of those when I retire. Right now the only places I can go have to be where I can go in a week from my state. I'm running out of places!

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Don’t let anything keep you from seeing all those wonderful places, my friend. Wife and I sold our house and about 2/3 of what we owned, put the rest in storage. Got tired of all the “stuff” and clutter in our lives. Just stay active and healthy, that’s really important as you approach retirement. We do live in the greatest country on earth and there is sufficient enough Patriots to keep it that way. We’ll weather this storm!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Don’t let anything keep you from seeing all those wonderful places, my friend. Wife and I sold our house and about 2/3 of what we owned, put the rest in storage. Got tired of all the “stuff” and clutter in our lives. Just stay active and healthy, that’s really important as you approach retirement. We do live in the greatest country on earth and there is sufficient enough Patriots to keep it that way. We’ll weather this storm!
That's the plan Sir. We'll see how things go. One day at a time. Thanks for your encouragement. Thanks agsin for sharing those awesome pics. I truly enjoyed them.

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Wife and I are teachers and we take weeks long trips in the summer. I booked the trip for this June, last May. I have already started planning out for 2023 given you need to book some places right when they open a year out.

Overall I find that you can find a spot pretty much anywhere during the week in the summer, even at the last minute. However weekends need to be booked well in advance. It is what it is though, its a great hobby so I do not knock all the people that want to do it.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
we did one of those trips the end of september..2685 miles towing our 28' travel trailer. Ft. Worth to Dodge City Ks. first then to Custer s.d. to see all the stuff around there. got to custer right when they were having their annual buffalo roundup..that was pretty cool. went to see crazy horse and mt. rushmore and then to deadwood and sturgis and Badlands Nat. park and Wind Cave..towed with our '19 laramie. It towed fine, got 9.8 mpg for the trip mostly cruising 65-70. faced some stretches of strong headwinds but all-in-all truck did great. the last 18 months of virus panic has not kept us from doing plenty of camping trips and we had all our usual big family get togethers. we live in a red state tho. our longest trip with the trailer prior to that was going down to Big Bend and back. 580 miles each way.

Last edited:

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
we did one of those trips the end of september..2685 miles towing our 28' travel trailer. Ft. Worth to Dodge City Ks. first then to Custer s.d. to see all the stuff around there. got to custer right when they were having their annual buffalo roundup..that was pretty cool. went to see crazy horse and mt. rushmore and then to deadwood and sturgis and Badlands Nat. park and Wind Cave..towed with our '19 laramie. It towed fine, got 9.8 mpg for the trip mostly cruising 65-70. faced some stretches of strong headwinds but all-in-all truck did great. the last 18 months of virus panic has not kept us from doing plenty of camping trips and we had all our usual big family get togethers. we live in a red state tho. our longest trip with the trailer prior to that was going down to Big Bend and back. 580 miles each way.
Sounds like you had a great time and got to a lot of great spots! We can’t wait to do it again next spring, bouncing around a few different spots in Florida over the winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963