2021 Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Finally got some good news. They are framing my truck tomorrow. Not exactly sure what that means or how long it takes after that but at least I have an update lol...

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yippy, I asked the sales manager to put on a set of mcgard black lug nuts and he said yes. So looks like I'll be getting full window tint and black lugs for free to Completely black out my brand new truck.

Build updated again and will be shipping out on the 26th from Detroit to Ontario. I should have it early April. Then it's to the krown shop for spray home for muffler delete 5" black tips and catch can.

I cannot wait...

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oh so close now. I was updated with truck painted and also they put my truck through the audit bay which passed and things are rolling. Shouldn't be more then a couple weeks now...

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds great! Very exciting. Your truck sounds like it's gonna be awesome. I built my Challenger and the wait was like torture.

Good luck with a black truck. I've had a few black sports cars, a 79 Trans am, 85 Z-28, 80 Vette, 11 Vette Grand Sport and now the Challenger Scat Pack wide body. Had a black 86 4-runner in there too. Looks great clean but literally gets filthy just sitting in the driveway.

Pics when it arrives.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats exciting. I am eager to give my truck a nice thorough hand wash followed by a claybar treatment and then finally jetsealing it together.

Where in Ontario is everyone from?

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yippy, I asked the sales manager to put on a set of mcgard black lug nuts and he said yes. So looks like I'll be getting full window tint and black lugs for free to Completely black out my brand new truck.

Nice!

I worked for McGard many years ago. Great family owned company and always quality products and service.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of good guys here. Good luck with your new truck

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm in Windsor.

The wait has been killing me but posting here and reading is getting me by lol.

I had a black mustang many moons ago and when clean there was Nothing like it...but yes they get dirty Fast...

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black is nice when its clean and its the nicest color at night. I just can't stay on top of the cleanliness and it drives me nuts.

Can't wait to get the truck looking like it did before all the salt and snow.

20200815_143906.jpg

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
Happy for you and know the excitement and anxiety of waiting for a new truck to arrive. I would like to say though, as someone who also just got a new 2021 Ram with the 3.92 axle, really think about your muffler (or delete) decision. The 3.92 axle means that at highway cruising speeds (around 104km/hr to 115km/hr) you'll be in 8th gear and around 1800-2000 rpm, and at that speed and rpm's your exhaust is going to drone like crazy, and it will be pretty unbearable in no time. I put on a Flowmaster Super 44 and at highway speed/those revs it was really bad, so I cannot imagine how much worse a straight pipe and deleted resonators would sound. Forget about listening to the stereo, or hearing a phone call through bluetooth, or having a conversation with any passengers in the truck, you won't be able to think let alone hear those things.

I ended up with a Flowmaster 50HD and it is MUCH better now, hardly any drone, and if there is it's bearable, and you can still hear the stereo or passengers etc.

I know it's a personal preference and to each their own but, I would honestly think twice about straight pipes and deleting resonators. If you drive highway a lot or have people in the truck, you'll regret deleting them all I feel.

Either way though, congrats on the new truck, post pics, would love see it. I've had black vehicles about 4-5 times now and won't ever again, again just personal preference and experience. They look amazing when washed and cleaned up but 5 mins later I see the dust or dirt and it drove me crazy, being a neat freak lol. This time around I got a 2021 Classic in Granite Crystal Metallic, still on the darker end of paint shades, but not quite as bad showing dirt and dust.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thx. As for exhaust I only got the bolt on muffler delete and 5" tips. If I don't like the sound I can just pop the stock right back on.

Mobbinindawarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is there anything that would keep Continuity between the receiver and the passenger door speaker, but not trasmit audio?

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Happy for you and know the excitement and anxiety of waiting for a new truck to arrive. I would like to say though, as someone who also just got a new 2021 Ram with the 3.92 axle, really think about your muffler (or delete) decision. The 3.92 axle means that at highway cruising speeds (around 104km/hr to 115km/hr) you'll be in 8th gear and around 1800-2000 rpm, and at that speed and rpm's your exhaust is going to drone like crazy, and it will be pretty unbearable in no time. I put on a Flowmaster Super 44 and at highway speed/those revs it was really bad, so I cannot imagine how much worse a straight pipe and deleted resonators would sound. Forget about listening to the stereo, or hearing a phone call through bluetooth, or having a conversation with any passengers in the truck, you won't be able to think let alone hear those things.

I ended up with a Flowmaster 50HD and it is MUCH better now, hardly any drone, and if there is it's bearable, and you can still hear the stereo or passengers etc.

I know it's a personal preference and to each their own but, I would honestly think twice about straight pipes and deleting resonators. If you drive highway a lot or have people in the truck, you'll regret deleting them all I feel.

Either way though, congrats on the new truck, post pics, would love see it. I've had black vehicles about 4-5 times now and won't ever again, again just personal preference and experience. They look amazing when washed and cleaned up but 5 mins later I see the dust or dirt and it drove me crazy, being a neat freak lol. This time around I got a 2021 Classic in Granite Crystal Metallic, still on the darker end of paint shades, but not quite as bad showing dirt and dust.

Yeah I was concerned about droning as well and didn't want to be disrespectful to my neighbbours at the same time.

I ended up installing a Magnaflow Direct Fit Muffler 19439 a few months back now and so far, the droning is pretty manageable. I tend to cruise on the HWY at 105-110km/h and it's fine. As soon as it needs to go up hill, the drone kicks in. I can't imagine when I'll be towing a travel trailer. If it gets too bad, I'll put my stock back on. :( It's also fine at higher speeds as well. So time will tell for me.

IMO, if my wife is happy, then I'm happy and so far, she loves it! :D