2021 lifted question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul abel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2021 ram and decided to do a 6inch rough country(first mistake) , with the loaded struts. I’m running 35 on 22x12 and are still running, it pains me to start hacking up my truck so my question is can I put a 2inch leveling kit on top of the loaded strut ? I don’t see any reason why I couldn’t but just wanted to see if anyone’s done this .

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I just bought a 2021 ram and decided to do a 6inch rough country(first mistake) , with the loaded struts. I’m running 35 on 22x12 and are still running, it pains me to start hacking up my truck so my question is can I put a 2inch leveling kit on top of the loaded strut ? I don’t see any reason why I couldn’t but just wanted to see if anyone’s done this .
What are you trying to accomplish?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m gathering that your tires are rubbing because your 22x12’s have an aggressive offset? And you’re looking to lift the front up more? One of the worst things to do is stack lifts so the answer to your question is no. You can not add a 2” block on top of your 6” lift. Post some pictures and we can help you out with options

OP
OP
P

Paul abel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to accomplish lifting the front up a touch more so I don’t have to hack away my liners and metal. My trucks getting aligned and unfortunately I didn’t get pictures yet but it’s just a standard 6 inch rough country lift the only difference I did was the 6inch lifted struts instead of spacers.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Trying to accomplish lifting the front up a touch more so I don’t have to hack away my liners and metal. My trucks getting aligned and unfortunately I didn’t get pictures yet but it’s just a standard 6 inch rough country lift the only difference I did was the 6inch lifted struts instead of spacers.
Get it aligned first before you worry.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
What size tire and what is the offset on your wheels

OP
OP
P

Paul abel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
35s on 22x12 -51 offset.. I got it aligned still rubs pretty bad. I trimmed the fender liner but like I said I hate cutting plastic off my truck I think it looks like ****. I think I would be able to add a spacer in the front. It would be no different then someone adding bilsteins on a 6inch lift with them cranked up all the way right? The only bad would probably be it would ride stiffer cause it rides like a Cadillac now lol313EAED6-17CC-4826-8DD6-AF85FF1BA98E.jpeg

Attachments

• D8762EFE-0719-4488-A108-9B913E71AC5D.jpeg
    D8762EFE-0719-4488-A108-9B913E71AC5D.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 13

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
35s on 22x12 -51 offset.. I got it aligned still rubs pretty bad. I trimmed the fender liner but like I said I hate cutting plastic off my truck I think it looks like ****. I think I would be able to add a spacer in the front. It would be no different then someone adding bilsteins on a 6inch lift with them cranked up all the way right? The only bad would probably be it would ride stiffer cause it rides like a Cadillac now lolView attachment 470387
It is not the same as adding billsteins to a spacer lift. The concept is the same but the geometry is completely different. Your better off running a full length coil over and dialing it in.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
35s on 22x12 -51 offset.. I got it aligned still rubs pretty bad. I trimmed the fender liner but like I said I hate cutting plastic off my truck I think it looks like ****. I think I would be able to add a spacer in the front. It would be no different then someone adding bilsteins on a 6inch lift with them cranked up all the way right? The only bad would probably be it would ride stiffer cause it rides like a Cadillac now lolView attachment 470387
Post a pic of where it rubs I want to see how close or far it is

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would not add a spacer, but thats me. One thing to do, is use a floor jack and lift the front up two inches, then turn the wheel lock to lock and see if it even helps…with those wide *** wheels im sure it will still rub anyway.

My opinion is either cut/trim as need or put different wheels on there. The tires already look small to me, cant imagine lifting it more.

OP
OP
P

Paul abel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post a pic of where it rubs I want to see how close or far it is
I’ll grab a pic of where it rubs tomorrow. By the way it sounds I’m not gonna be able to change much and are just gonna have to start cutting

OP
OP
P

Paul abel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would not add a spacer, but thats me. One thing to do, is use a floor jack and lift the front up two inches, then turn the wheel lock to lock and see if it even helps…with those wide *** wheels im sure it will still rub anyway.

My opinion is either cut/trim as need or put different wheels on there. The tires already look small to me, cant imagine lifting it more.
Yea I jacked it up and it doesn’t rub but I guess I’ll come up with something

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Cutting is not always needed there are a few tricks to pull the liners back. Keep in mind it’s a brand new truck

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I did the math a little bit considering I don’t touch rough country I looked up their kit. Since you have the full length struts you will be able to get away with the ready lift kit part# 66-1921
Contact @Nick@GotExhaust to set you up with this kit. You’ll also want to redo the rear lift. I would recommend having nick set you up with the zone 5” rear box kit. The relocation brackets are better than rough country and you’ll get a full coil spring and proper rear lift. Nick will know exactly what I’m talking about and you will have a better riding truck with tires that don’t rub

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I did the math a little bit considering I don’t touch rough country I looked up their kit. Since you have the full length struts you will be able to get away with the ready lift kit part# 66-1921
Contact @Nick@GotExhaust to set you up with this kit. You’ll also want to redo the rear lift. I would recommend having nick set you up with the zone 5” rear box kit. The relocation brackets are better than rough country and you’ll get a full coil spring and proper rear lift. Nick will know exactly what I’m talking about and you will have a better riding truck with tires that don’t rub

RC kits are not ideal, replacing as much of it as we can is a good call. RL kit is in stock and I would just have to check when I get in the office on the rear box kit but we usually have them in stock as well.

OP
OP
P

Paul abel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate all the help immensely. I wouldn’t recommend an RC lift to my worst enemy after the nightmare I had with them this time. But I’ll get with nick and see about getting that stuff going thanks again.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I appreciate all the help immensely. I wouldn’t recommend an RC lift to my worst enemy after the nightmare I had with them this time. But I’ll get with nick and see about getting that stuff going thanks again.
Best of luck. Let us know if you get jammed up

woodsrider1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got 37 x 13.5 x 22 with a -45 offset Only minor trimming. only rubs a little on the left side bumper . The bumper appears to be in just a hair more on the left side is why it rubs