2021 Limited with Indigo Frost Interior - Already Wearing Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn't mean to quote myself...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being that all we can see from here is just pictures that you’ve taken, I would take the truck to a detail shop or a leather shop, or somebody who would be able to look at that and tell you straight up whether they think it’s just color transfer from clothes or if that is actually the indigo coloring actually wearing off before you did anything else because if it turns out it is just a color transfer, they should be able to tell you what to use to clean it off and if it is that coloring of the leather wearing off, at least now you’ll know truly what it is so, I would either go back to that dealer and get somebody else to help you or go to another dealer because that’s one of those things that should be covered by your warranty.

Being that your truck is a 2021, I know you’re good on that end but how many miles do you have on the truck? If it’s under 36,000, that should be a warranty deal if that actually is that lighter color rubbing off of your seat.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had some reddish colored stains on the cream colored leather seats in my 2015 Laramie and believe it or not Windex removed the stains but don’t use too much or rub too hard because it’s pretty strong stuff. Just an idea if all else fails.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I 'd talk to a detailer and see if they can fix it.

Last edited:

Hellcatsrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's not dye transfer. Wherever it is dark is where the interior color is gone completely. Guess I'm going to have to suck it up and get a leather upholstery place to redo the seat once it gets bad enough.

Chrysler has told me they won't warranty anything deemed to be external influence, so I guess they exect people to just look at their trucks in their driveways and not actually use them. I hope the rest of the truck holds up better.
That really sucks. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Thank you for the heads up and I will spread the other word to potential buyers to avoid that color. I liked it and was thinking of getting it if I replace my 2015.

rbdennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I don't think the leather is wearing out. That looks like surface dirt. While it can be an issue to clean it's not impossible. I use Gyeon quartz leather products on mine. Give it a shot.

Funky2m2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My RAM came with a tag attached to the seat which said to only use water.. I saw a detailers you tube video and he said there is a sealant on the manufacures installed seats that is better than any aftermarket.. Too late for me... I put UV protector on my dash.. ( I am disappointed in what seems like cheap leather used on RAMs) I traded in my 2016 Titan in because it had a bad habit of breaking down constantly.. only had 23K on it. It even broke down (MIL light) a mile after leaving the dealer.. I drove it to a RAM dealer and pretty much gave it to them... But the leather was a very nice leather.. almost worth keeping!

jeveretts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I have a friend who owns a couple of used car lots. He swears by using the plain old Go-Jo on interiors. Just a little dab, supposedly it removes all sorts of stains from leather and steering wheels.