2021 Longhorn Rear Floormats cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BanksCC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I have a 2021 longhorn with the limited type rear floormats and the longhorn emblem . On both my mats the edge of them does not line up with the opening of the storage. The Longhorn emblem seems to raise the mat.
On one side the edge of the floor mat tore off when removing. I took it to the dealer and they advised it was wear and tear (10K servicing). I checked the other side and it is cracked also. I suspect that there will be a lot of these.

The dealer is replacing the mat in good faith. I'm just wondering if the problem will return due to poor design.

OP
OP
B

BanksCC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Sorry for late reply. First photo is passenger rear. It was actually torn off while lifting
At car wash.
Second photo is driver rear. You can see how the matt does not align with the molding. Just under the seat you can see where it snaps down for alignment/place keeping. If you look closely, you can also see where the matt lies on top of the molding near the tie-down.
The third phot is me holding that corner up so you can clearly see the tear.

IMG_8823.JPGIMG_8831.JPGIMG_8826.JPG

adamrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 hybrid
2020 Ram 1500, longhorn edition. I have a similar problem with my drivers floor mat. It cracked right about where my heel rests to hit the accelerator after 1.5 years and 25k miles. Carpet might show signs of wear, but the whole floormat shouldn't crack all the way through. Nobody ever sits in any of the other seats, which is probably why they haven't cracked too.

rotts4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e torque
I took mine out as soon as I bought the truck and put in a full set of Weathertech mats. They fit a lot better with more coverage etc. Its an out of pocket expense but I think worth it

JAASON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I noticed the "cheapness" in my driver's side floor mat and premature wear for only having 15,000 miles. Ended up placing a cheap rubber floor mat over the factory mat. I would have taken out the factory mat but the cheap rubber one doesn't cover the whole area, just needed where I place my feet.

OP
OP
B

BanksCC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Well the dealer replaced the floor mats after a bit of haggling.

However they have the same fit and will most likely do it again.

Probably will replace with weathertech soon.

They told me retail on the set of replacement matts was around $800